The Angel (Stephan and London)

I was walking home from the library one day, I held my science and English books in my arms as I walked down the sidewalk watching the cars as they passed me. I look down at my watch to see the time, it was almost six o'clock! My mom wanted me home by 6:15 because that's when it got dark, and I have 20 minutes to get home. I had a decision to make, walk through town to the outskirts or the woods. Town would take at least half an hour to get home, not to mention the creeps that came out when the sun went down. The woods would only take 15 minutes, but I had only walked the trails once, and I didn't quite know the way perfectly but I decided to take the forest route because it would be quick..

1 hour later

I was lost in the middle of the forest... I forgot which path went which way and before I knew it I was lost in the dark on one of the paths, then since it was dark, I walked off the paths and now I was in the middle of the forest somewhere... I walked around trying to find anything that would have anyone to help me, an old cabin, an old back road, maybe a hunter? But no, nothing.. The trees were so dense that I could barely get any light from the full moon above me. Since it was so dark I didn't even see the steep gulch I was walking for. Step after step I got closer to it, then bam, I fell straight down into it. I felt gravity pulling my body down the hill towards the core of the earth, hitting every tree, rock, and other painful thing on the way down. After about 30 seconds I hit the bottom. I laid there in the dirt, I couldn't even scream considering how much everything hurt. I sat there with tears dripping from my eyes. I knew that almost every bone in my body was broken. I laid there, thinking of what would happen to me. I thought death was the most reasonable answer considering know one would find me. A few more tears streamed from my eyes before I saw a bright light coming towards me, I thought death was coming. The sheer bright white light came right up to me and I couldn't hold my eyes open from how blinding it was. I closed my eyes as I felt feathers touching my skin and strong arms picking me up. Then, I blacked out.

Hours later when I woke up

I felt myself being set into bed and the covers being pulled up over me. I shot my eyes open and then met with a set of beautiful blue ones. I sat up in panic staring at the blonde boy standing at the bottom of my bed leaning over me. "Who are you?" I asked slowly. "I'm Stephan." He said in a whispered tone. I scanned my surroundings seeing I was in my bedroom with the moonlight being my only way of seeing him, it sure was bright enough though. I looked back into his eyes, for some reason I wasn't scared of him. "You saved me didn't you?" I asked him quietly but curiously. "I guess you could say that." He said with a laugh. "Well how did you know where I li-" "Listen London, I can't say anything more because your parents are coming, but please be safe... for me" and with that he walked backwards into the darkness of my room. I squinted my eyes trying to watch him and see what he was doing, but my parents busted in through my bedroom door and turned on my bedroom light. "Oh my goodness sweetie! Are you okay?! Where have you been?" My mother cried as she ran over to me and hugged me. My father walked in behind her and sat there with a smile on his face starring at me, I looked for Stephan, but he was gone, and my bedroom window over in the corner of my room was open . "Your father and I have been worried sick, and its nearly 3 AM! Where were you?!" My mom asked. "Mom, that's the point, I don't know." "Well what do you mean sweetheart?" and with that I told my mom everything, from the woods to the fall to the boy I had seen moments before. My mom sat there confused, but happy. "Well you tell Stephan, thank you for being your guardian angel, but don't ever scare me like that again." My mom told me with a laugh. Both my parents gave me a hug and a kiss and went back to bed. I sat there in the dark thinking of Stephan, and closed my eyes and went into a peaceful dark slumber.

The next day at school

I was hanging outside by the picnic lunch benches with my friends when someone caught my attention from the corner of my eye. I looked over to see who it was and it was.. Stephan. He was walking past with three other guys. He looked over at me, giving a friendly and fun smile like 'haha surprised you didn't I?' and a salute. I just sat there shocked. I had no idea who he was, and I had never seen him around school before.. My friend Dana snapped me out of it. "Hey, London? You okay?" she asked worried.. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." I replied to her. She gave me a strange look, but just walked away... "That was weird, did I just see Stephan?"