{Pokémon AU! Gavin Free}

{Requested by DigressingNerd}
{No romance in this one!}

  "Go, Alphys!" A Heliolisk speared from a great ball, letting out it's cry. Cheers came from the stands as the Champion grinned. Without speaking, he threw an ultra ball, an Arcanine popping out and roaring loudly.

The challenger stepped back a bit, commanding their Heliolisk to use earthquake, hitting the Arcanine. It barely did anything.

The fire type attacked using crunch, earning a loud cry of pain from the Heliolisk. The challenger ' s eyes widened as they saw this.

  "Alphys!" The Pokémon shook off the damage, huffing and looking back at them with a reassuring look. "Right! Volt switch!" He lizard pokemon charged at the other, hitting before switching out and being replaced with a Blastoise.

The champion frowned a bit and recalled his pokemon, sending out a small Roselia.

The battle went on for two hours, resulting in the challenger being victorious. The former champion walked up to thwm, grinning.

  "Well done!" He held out his hand for the challenger to shake. "Welcome to the pokemon league, (Y/N)."

They smiled back at him and shook his hand, the Pokéball of Espeon in their hand.

  "Thanks, Gavin." They laughed slightly at his bright expression.

  "I can't believe my damn little sibling beat me in my own damn league."

  "Hush up, nerd."