Chapter 18

Adams POV

Why did Sophia just poke my ass? It's kinda weird, but she is weird so I guess it all adds up. After writing the number I wanted I went over to Tyler.

"Hey bro, what's up" Tyler says to me as we do the "bro" hand shake.

"Nothin much, nothing much, I was thinking about asking Sophia out on a date. But, I kinda feel like she has a crush on Aaron, you know because they have been best friends for years. " Tyler gives me this look as "Why the heck would you like her."

"Adam you need to calm down. First of, Since when have you liked Sophia. You have known her for what a week or two. You barely know her. Second, I thought you hated her since you know you were a dick to her." Tyler looks kinda pissed kinda worried. Probably thinking I would chose Sophia over hanging out with him. I would never do that to any of my friends. I would feel like such a horrible person if I were to ever do that to someone. I would hang out with both people. Probably not together because Tyler likes his privacy. He likes being by himself or with a little crowd. Hates parties. Like me. No wonder why we are such good friends. Sure, we still go to the parties because we would get judged not that I care.

"She's growing to me. She hyper, cute, and she seems like a smart person, and she likes baseball. All the girls that I know here hate baseball they just want to hook up and to be popular. Sophia seems like she does not care if she is popular or not. Which is such a good thing to find in a girl, but I am pretty sure she has a thing for Aaron and I do not think coach likes me that much and he would be pissed if I dated her. " I say quickly , trying to not show that I am worried about liking her and seeming worried that coach does not like me. Tyler gives me this look of what the heck are you even talking about.

"Dude, I'm pretty sure coach loves you. You and Sophia have so much chemistry on the field that everyone impacts of the energy you guys send." Tyler says to me. We then leave the area we were at and head towards our next class.

-Sophia's pov-

"I'm honestly so annoyed right now." I complain to Aaron. He looks over from the homework he started on.

"Why are you annoyed soap?" He puts down his homework and come over to my bed.

"Well, ... You see, I kinda, um, like Adam, and I want him to like me but I think he likes that Ashley girl. I mean she is like so pretty, and popular, and I think Adam likes popular girls. He would never date someone as ugly and annoying as me." I look and Aaron and he gives me sad looks and a faint look of anger, but that soon goes away. I hate when people are sympathetic towards me and why would he be mad?

"Why would you like him? He's been nothing but a major jerk to you. If you date him he is going to break your heart. And guess what when that happens I won't be there to help you. You always go after guys who are just going to hurt you. Like why do you keep doing that to yourself?" Adam then grabs his stuff quickly, and runs out of the room.

What is his problem?