1.

*Leanne's POV*

"Dad, do I really have to go?" I ask my father.

"Yes, honey. There's no going back now. Your flight is in two hours. It'll just be for the summer, I promise," he replied, kissing the top of my head.

"You have to go now. You might miss your flight if you don't hurry soon," he adds.

"I know. You'll be okay with Catherine and Brian, right?" I ask, referring to my step-mother.

"Of course I will. I'll be sure to take care of your little brother for you. And you can call her mom, you know? Just because she's not your birthmother doesn't mean you can't treat her like one."

"Dad, not now. I don't want to get too deep into this topic," I look down, grabbing my luggage handle.

"Okay, sweetie. Hurry, I don't want you to miss your flight. Have fun, okay? Call me as soon as you get there," he kisses my forehead again before leaning against the wall of the airport.

"Okay, dad. See you in three months," I say as I give him a tight hug. I pull away, sighing.

Three months.

================

I arrived in Sydney, Australia, walking out the doors of the airport. I was here to visit my older brother Luke, who was attending college. Once I walked out, I was immediately greeted by him.

"Leanne! I missed you so much," he exclaims as he runs up to me and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I missed you too."

"I'm so excited to show you around! You can meet all of my friends, oh my god, they'll love you!" He yells, clearly excited that I'm back in Sydney.

"Luke, you're acting like I haven't seen you in four years. It's only been two months. Plus, I already know your friends," I laugh, playfully shoving his shoulder.

"I know, I just get so excited when you come. And I completely forgot that I've already introduced them to you," he chuckles with me, starting to walk towards his car.

"So, are we staying at your house?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's a couple houses down from a frat house, but I don't think you'll mind. It's a fraternity that's at my college. They have a couple parties here and there, but they shouldn't get too loud. Plus, most of the time I'm at those parties," he laughs as he loads my luggage into the trunk of his car.

He walks around, opening the door to the drivers seat before getting in. I walk around to the other side and sit down in the passenger's seat.

"Oh, yeah. I'll be fine.

"Yeah. Oh, and Leanne?" he adds.

"Yeah?" I play with my fingers, looking down at my lap.

"Whatever you do, stay away from Calum and his friends," he says with a stern tone.

"Why? He's like my best friend. And aren't you friends with him?" I ask, looking back up at him.

"I was," he replies as he starts the car and drives down the road.

We sit in an awkward silence until we come home.

===========

"We're here," Luke said as we pulled into the driveway of a two story house.

"Your house looks really nice? How were you able to afford it?" I ask, getting out of the car and going to trunk to grab my bags.

"Oh, I'm not the only one who lives here. I share the rent with two of my other friends," he replies as he grabs the rest of luggage from the trunk and we walk to the front door.