Chapter One

Evie

 “What?!” Lacey practically screamed.

  Here I was, Evie Miller, standing behind my parents with two suitcases in my hand, my almost identical twin Lacey staring at me with huge eyes and her jaw dropped.

  “I don’t have a twin,” She insisted, her emerald green eyes with lighter green flecks leaving my bright blue eyes. “I’m an only child,” She told our parents.

  “Lacey sweetie, we wanted to surprise you? Isn’t it a nice surprise?” Our mother said, a smile trying to form on her lips.

  “A nice surprise is maybe a new pair of jeans… but this?!” She eyed me up and down, her face completely red, making it almost match her long red hair with small hints of brown in it.

  “Lacey, Lacey, calm down!” Our father ordered, putting a hand on her shoulder.

  She glared at him. “But why did you never tell me that I had a twin?! It’s something that you guys should usually run by me!”

  I still just stood there, clutching on to my suitcases. I had had no idea that I had a twin when I found out that I was leaving to live with my real parents after my foster parents had passed away. However, when the social care workers were preparing me to go back to my old family that wanted me back, she explained to me the whole twin issue.

  Supposedly, according to the social worker that would usually work with me whose name was Grace explained that when I was born I wasn’t supposed to be. All my parents wanted was my twin sister, Lacey, so they decided to give me up. I was tossed from foster to home to foster home and after fifteen years, I finally found one that really liked me, but they ended up dying in a car crash five months ago. My real parents heard about this and they decided that they now wanted me back, which made me the happiest girl in the world.

  However, knowing that Lacey had no idea about this was all news to me. In the time of my preparation to be truly adopted, my real parents met with me and told me all about Lacey.

  I literally felt as if I knew her my whole life. I knew that she was captain of the cheerleading squad at her school, a member of the school’s volleyball team and is a very sweet girl.

  Right now, I begged to differ. Her eyes were wild, her face red making her millions of freckles almost invisible and her fists were clenched. “Why didn’t you tell me?!” She then stormed off into her room.

  “We really thought it’d be a good surprise,” My mother muttered, her face flushing as she entered to house.

  My father, however, stayed by me, taking one of my suitcases. “She’ll get used to it. I guess it was a bad idea not to tell her right away.”

  “I hope she does like me…” I admitted. “Do you think she will?” I wondered as I walked into the entryway with my dad.

  “Of course she will!” He said enthusiastically.

  A smile grew on my lips. “Can I go see her?” I was so excited about the fact of having a real sister. All the foster homes that I went to my “sisters” would always ignore me and act like I didn’t exist. My “brothers” would be mean to me and hurt me. There was only one brother, my most recent one that I really loved like he was my own brother.

  His name was Blake Garcia, quite the sweetheart; he always looked out for me. However, I wish he would go to the same school as me. At my last foster home, I was sent to an all girl’s school and in my other foster homes they wouldn’t even bother to send me to school.

  “You might as well, you two are going to have to share a bedroom,” He told me.

   I nodded my head, eager to try and get on Lacey’s good side. I let go of the suitcase in my hand and I ran up the stairs. I had gotten a tour of the house when Lacey was at school; I knew it off by heart.

  I slowly opened her door, revealing her awesome room in my opinion. One wall was a pale yellow and the other three were a very nice green. A brown oak desk sat in the corner and a twin bed was pushed against the wall, a turquoise and lemony yellow bedspread on it. A fuzzy lime green circular carpet was in the middle.

  Lacey was lying on her bed, her head shoved into a pillow. Her long red hair was sprawled across her back, which was covered with her white Nike T-shirt.

  “Lacey?” I called out. She lifted her head up quickly and spun it around to look at me.

  She opened her mouth to say something, but then stopped and shut it. She opened it once more after a minute, “I’m sorry, I don’t know your name.”

  The fact that my twin didn’t even know her sisters name made me chuckle a little bit. I practically skipped towards her, my dirty-blonde hair bobbing up and down as I did so. I then held out my newly manicured hand. “I’m Evelyn, but you can call me Evie.”

  She stared at my hand for a second and raised her eyebrow. She then slowly lifted her own hand and shook mine. She quickly took it away afterwards.

  “Did my friends set you up to this?” She wondered, a hopeful look on her face. “Did Cora make you do this?!”

  I put my hands on my hips and shook my head. “I’m sorry, I don’t know any Cora’s.”

  “Riiight,” She replied, a playful smile on her face. “My parents would have told me if I had a sister!”

  “And they did, just now,” I pointed out.                                                     

  She laughed. “Come on! Just tell me who you really are so we can laugh about it!”

  I crossed my arms. “You really don’t believe them, don’t you?”

  She crossed her legs and folded her hands on her ripped jeans. “And you really believe that I believe you?”

  I sighed, getting frustrated with my sister. I took her by the arm, forced her to get up and I then walked over to her mirror, which was up on the wall. Her reflection was confused, while mine was calm.

  “Don’t we look alike?” I asked her.

  She laughed once more. “Not at all!”

  “Look closer!” I insisted, pushing her a little closer to the mirror.

  She looked at our reflections, we both have freckles on her cheeks, full lips, cute smiles and were tall. She looked a little closer at her reflection, and then she looked at me. She looked back and forth over and over again until her jaw dropped.

  “When is you birthday?” She asked me.

  “October twenty-first, 1996. What about you,” I responded, a smirk on my face.

  “October twenty-first 1996…” She murmured.

  “What’s your last name?!” She quizzed.

  “Miller, same as yours.”

  She grunted as I got all of her questions right, after at least fifteen questions, she made her way towards her bed and flopped down. “I give up!” She announced.

  I sat down in the chair by her desk. “So, will you admit it?”

  She sat up straight and gave me an annoyed look. “Fine… we’re twins.”

***********************************************************************************

Hi there everybody!!! So, this story is written by two people, Cheyenne and Julia and this first chapter was written by Cheyenne! And it's written in Evie's POV, next chapter will be Julia, written in Lacey's POV and so on!

What did you think of this story? We worked real hard on planning it, we spent all week just getting it ready and now it's finally ready! The cover was made by the one and only Julia and the little trailer was made by me when I was bored!

If you liked it comment and please vote! It would mean so much!

Thanks!

-SushiAndRice