Chapter Four

Lacey

I couldn't even stand the fact that I had to introduce Evie to Joe. If I find out that she is now secretly crushing on him, then that'll make me furious with her!

"So what are you guys doing here?" Joe asked smiling at us.

"Oh, we're just here to grab a few things and buy some new clothes!" I said pulling up the heavy bags filled with clothing. Evie had to borrow money from me for new clothes.

Cora actually had fun picking out new clothes for Evie that looked like a new wardrobe, but I didn't mind, as long as she didn't get the same clothing as I did. I mean, I know some twins do that, it'd be super tacky if we did that. It wasn't even trendy!

"So, Evie, how do you know Lace?" He said, using my nickname that only him and Cora called me. I didn't let anyone call me that, because it was special to me. 

"Oh! Well, she's my si-"

"She means cousin!" I didn't even want anyone to know we were sisters, let alone Joe!

"Oh, okay cool!" Joe smiled. 

"Yeah, we better get going, don't want to be late for dinner! Mom's order!" I hurriedly dragged Cora and Evie to the other side of the mall, and away from Joe. 

He waved awkwardly and gave us a smile.

God, he is so cute.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"i couldn't believe that! As much as I want no one to know that we were sisters, she almost blew our cover!" I told Cora as we got to her house.

Evie decided to go back home and unpack, while Core and I decided to go to Cora's house.

"Lacey! Chillax ma sista! He won't find out, unless you make it obvious that is!" Cora said.

I wanted to believe her, nut something inside of me wanted to just banish the thought of having the whole school know that I have a twin sister!

It disgusted me to my guts, and I hated that! It felt like the worst feeling in the world.

 By the look on my face, Cora probably noticed it as she continued, "Gosh! Can you be anymore dramatic? I know you're thinking that it's horrible, but it ain't the end of the world, we're still the most popular girls in grade ten, just wait until senior year, when we rule the school!" She said, as she pumped her fist in the air. 

"Woah there cheetah! Don't want to break a bone or chop off someone's head!" I laughed. "I'm not the only dramatic one!"

"We'll see about that!" Cora grinned as she jumped on her bed, playing an air guitar. 

I always knew that one of her dreams was to be a rockstar. And, she was a very dramatic one at that!

"Whatever, hey, are you trying out for the cheer squad tomorrow?" I asked as I painted my nails a deep purple.

I loved this purple nail polish, it was the first one I got, and I always ran out of it, but it gave me good luck for some reason. It was called Just a Little Dangerous by SEPHORA by OPI. It was described on the website as 'An opaque metallic amethyst.'

"Urg!" I groaned in frustration as I noticed there wasn't that much nail polish left.

"Why didn't you get a new one today?" She said motioning to the bottle. "And probably, I'm gonna try out, also, can you paint my nails green? You have steady hands, I don't!"

I'm in art, while she's in music, that was our free choice classes, so we try to do as many things to be together. We have all our classes together except for History and Science, but in those classes, Joe is with me.

"Did Evie get her schedule yet?" Cora asked.

"No, not yet. My dad said that he's gonna pick it up tomorrow on Sunday." Today was Saturday, September 17. Meaning, tomorrow is Sunday, September 18.

We started school on the second of September at the local public school, Lanchester High School, and about half of the people in grade seven were from our old school, Bridgehill Middle School.

We lived in North Carolina, so it was still a bit warm outside in the month of September, and last year, I remembered it was one of the first time school was canceled for a snow day.

Our parents, Cora's and mine, went to our cottage that we owned and stayed there for two weeks in Christmas Break. Once we came back, there was a bit of snow left that was scattered on the streets.

As I finished painting my nails, and capped the bottle closed, I tossed the bottle into the plastic bag we keep to get five free nail polishes once we return them to Sephora, for recycling them. It was a new promotion they were starting.

"Okay, let's start, which color again?" I asked Cora.

"Actually, I changed my mind, can you paint my nails the sparkly red." Cora said.

"Well, thanks for describing it, that was a really helpful explanation!" I said sarcastically, while Cora giggled.

"You know the one!" She said.

It was the nail polish she usually used, and it was also by SEPHORA by OPI  with the name of  What's Your Poison? It was described as 'An opaque cranberry red with chunky glitter.' Which made Cora seem like a super rockstar.

As my nails finished drying, and I was almost finished doing both of Cora's hands, my phone vibrated. 

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"Lacey, we need you home, Evie needs your help and your opinions." My Dad said on the other line.

"Okay, I'll just walk over."

After I hung up, I let out a deep breath and groaned. 

"Do you have to leave now?" Cora said, wearing a pouty face.

I nodded my head and grabbed my stuff, preparing for the walk towards my house, which was only two blocks away.

I stepped out Cora's room, after giving her a hug, and walked down the glossy stairs of her house. As I left the driveway, I looked down and saw that her mom planted a rock garden and they finally got their driveway done.

I looked up in the sky and saw rays coming from the sunset. The sky looked pink, and orange, with a huge blob of purple, right smack in the middle, which made me smile.

It looked beautiful, and something I wanted to paint. I decided to take out my camera and snap a shot of it, and planned on painting it after I help Evie with whatever she needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiyers! Julia here, aka, TheJulesRules13! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and sorry for the delay! Thanks for reading, please comment, vote & fan! And you can go check us out, both 830freckles, and I! We'd love it if you do!

Love, Julia aka TheJulesRules13.

PS: The pictures on the side are Cora's house, Purple nail polish that Lacey used, and Red nail polish that Cora used! And Lacey's backyard of her house.