Chapter Two

Lacey

  I just couldn't believe that I had a twin sister the minute my parents gave us the news. I sounded like a total baby, but I didn't care, I don't want a twin, never did!

She just had to come and completely ruin my life.  And just as Evie left to who knows where, I called the person who I've always felt as if was my sister, my best friend, Cora Davis.

"Hey Cora." I spoke into my iPhone.

"What's up sista?" She said. See, she even believed we were like sisters!

"Ugh, you can just shoot me now! But not literally." Yes, I was always a bit over-dramatic for a fifteen year old. Thank goodness I would be turning sixteen in a few months. Then, at my awesome sweet sixteen, we can have an awesome party at my awesome house!

Thank goodness that I wasn't the one having to move, then I'd have to leave every best thing.

I still don't understand the fact that Evie has to share a room with me, when there are other free rooms! I mean, I'm not trying to brag or anything, but seriously, we live in a huge house!

"Hello? Lace, you still there? Why do you want me to shoot you? I could never do that! Hello?" Cora was saying, interrupting my rant.

"Sorry, was mind-thinking again." I chuckled.

"So, what were you saying?" Cora continued.

"Oh, well, you'll never guess what happened!" I yelled into the phone.

"Joe Mitchel asked you out!" She said. 

"No, I wish!" Joe Mitchel was my first, and only crush. The first boyfriend I had was like probably in first grade, but I was stupid, at least, I felt stupid. That guy picked his nose and tried holding my hand, and we were only like six or seven. Cora thinks that Joe Mitchel and I are perfect together, and she's amazing for that, but maybe he would realize that if he would just ask me out.

"I meant some really annoyingly stupid news." I said bitterly.

"Like what?" 

"Well, for the fact that I have a freaking twin sister, that's what..." I grunted.

"WHAT?! You have got to be kidding me! No one can replace me!" Cora giggled but then groaned.

"I know, it's true, I even think you took it worse than me, but then again, you don't have to deal with her, I just hope no one thinks we're twins or anything. That reminds me, I have to go tell her our school rules." I know I sounded a bit like a jerk but that's how people think I am.

"Mkay, good luck! I'll see you tomorrow; my mom's going to drop me off at your place for the mall that afternoon." Cora said. "And wear something cute for the mall; I hear Joe Mitchel will be there!"

"Ha-ha, bye!"

I hung up the phone, and tossed it on my bed, looking for Evie.

Two hours later, I gave up; I decided that I would talk to her after dinner.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

"So, did you guys hang out today?" My mom asked us at the dinner table. They even made us sit beside each other.

"Nope." I said popping the P.

"Well, how come?" Our dad asked us. What up with all the questions?!

"I don't know. She just disappeared. I tried looking for her, but I couldn't find her." I said innocently.