Chapter 16

Adrien's POV

"When would you like to get married?" Father asks. "We would like to be married as soon as possible Father." Félix replies. "And you and Marinette, Adrien?" I take a deep breath. "Father, I know that you want these weddings to  perfect, but Marinette and I can take care of our own wedding." Father's face starts to turn red. I reach for Marinette's hand and slowly start to pull her away. "Marinette," I whisper. "Go. I'll take care of my dad." She nods and goes from the room.

Marinette's POV

I run out of mansion and towards the bakery. I throw open the door. "Marinette, you're home early." My mom says, taking notice of the clock as I run past her and into my room. Tikki flies out of my jacket. My phone buzzes.

A: Well, I made things a lot worse
M: What did you do?
A: I'll be at your house in a few minutes. I have to explain it to ur parents 2
M: Adrien...
A: Mari...
A: After I explain it to your parents, I'll come up and explain it to you. Just hang tight

There's a rap on the door. "Marinette! Adrien's here!" Adrien says something quietly to her. "Never mind!" A few minutes pass. Adrien comes upstairs. "Adrien!" I cry, after getting a glance at the bruise on his face. "What happened?" "Well," he begins. "My dad said we don't care about him, like my stepsister and her boyfriend don't care about him." "I'm sure they do." Adrien shrugs. "She's two years older than me and she and her boyfriend have been talking about getting married, if they aren't engaged by now." "Then what?" "He started hitting me and telling he could give us our dream wedding. Also known as a 3 hour ceremony at Notre Dame, a reception at the mansion and a honeymoon of our choice." I moan. This is not what I wanted.