This Is My Life. What Were You Expecting? Part One

Day 21 of Hooker. Third week. Wahoo.

I hate this, I hate everything. Life sucks.

All of these men just want my body. Of course, I am a hooker. I just hate it.

You know in those shows where the girl/guy gets a job that they hate and their parents tell them to basically 'suck it up' or quit? Yeah, I don't have parents to tell me that. All I have is my 'friends' that haven't bothered to call or text me since I don't have a car to drive anymore and school's done.

You probably think I'm complaining, but when was the last time you were in this situation? I doubt. That's all I'm going to say, I doubt.

Today I decided a bar would be a good place to go since I got enough money to randomly spend on a bit of Jäger. Not enough to get drunk, I couldn't afford to go overboard.

So here I am, drinking my Jäger in the bar down the street from my oh-so-wonderful apartment in the rainy town of Baltimore, Maryland.

I heard the sound of squeaking, glancing to my left then back to the straw I was swirling in my glass.

"I'll have a Grasshopper, please."

That voice sounded familiar. I looked to my left again, eyes widening.

"You're Alex Gaskarth!" I said in utter shock and amazement. He smiled.

"I'm guessing you're a fan?"

Not saying anything, I rolled up the right sleeve to my plaid button up shirt. He read the lyrics, smiling.

"What are the dates for?" He asked, nodding at them as his drink was set down.

"Um, my brother..." I said, looking away. "Oh, I'm sorry. What happened?" He asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"He um... At six he died of lung cancer..." I said timidly, looking back to see him frowning. Before I knew what was happening, he wrapped his arms around me.

"Darling, you'll be okay." He sang quietly under his breath, quoting one of my favourite songs by Pierce The Veil.

I smiled. I realized something though, my sleeve was up. My scars were visible.

"Aren't you... Freaked out?" I asked, frowning.

"About what?" He asked, looking confused.

"My scars..." I whispered. He looked back, seemingly not noticing them the first time. "Oh." Was all he said.

"What's wrong?" He asked, wiping away the tears I hadn't realized were shedding.

"Oh, um... Nothing." I said, obviously lying.

"Tell me. I'm Alex Gaskarth." I laughed, smiling down.

"My life just kind of sucks right now..." I said. He took a small sip of his drink.

"It's a long story."

"I have time." I nodded.

"Okay. Here goes. This is the story of Scarlet Alexandra Taylor."