Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I wake up to the creaking door opening. My girlfriend, Tatiana, is just now coming in. It's three something in the morning and I already know she's drunk. It's nothing out of the normal though. She's always out late, drinking, clubbing or in another man's bed. I always can smell the cologne of someone else when she tries to sneak in bed like nothing ever happened.

I love her though. I want to help her; I want her to only be with me. But she's been hurt too many times so she constantly does things, like this, to push me away. I'll never leave her and she knows that. The song 'Bad' by Wale describes her perfectly and she never stops playing or singing it.

We knew each other since I was six, she's a year older than me. I would always try to impress her and she would always entertain it. Somehow we found our way back to each other. More like I found my way to her and somehow manage to convince her to stay and be with me. Even if she does things like this, all the time.

I turn to the bedside table, turning on the lamp. When she comes into sight, I can see her red dress hugging her slim body so tightly. It's showing off every curve to her body. She's 5'6, so her weight always seems to even out, making her look so small but perfect. She's holding her heels in her hand. "You're drunk Tati."

Getting myself up is when she stumbles over to the bed. "You act like it's a big deal." Her words are slurred. She trips over her own two feet. The bed catches her fall. She sits down on the edge of the bed and I can feel the groves go in from her weight. I hear her drop her heels to the hard wood floor. "You should be happy I came straight home today," she tells me getting under the covers.

I clench on my jaw. She knows how I feel about her sleeping around. I might not say much but she knows how much I want her to stop. It's just what I have to put up with to be with the person I love.

I'm mad about what she just said. So I say through clenched teeth, "Straight home from where?"

She lets out a huff. "You know from where and I don't feel like this now. You're givin' me a headache," she says and turns over on her side so she's not facing me.

I give up. I know I don't want to hear any details as much as she doesn't want to say them. I don't smell any cologne on her. Maybe she really did only go clubbing.

Turning the lamp off and pulling the covers over me, I sink in to the bed. I just lay there in bed trying to get to sleep but my eyes don't want to close.

~~~

It's eight in the morning by time I wake up. I naturally wake up at eight every day. Tati is still asleep and probably won't wake up until at least one.

I decide to make me some breakfast. I get out of bed, trying not to disturb Tati. I hear her groan and turn over facing my side of the bed. I'm staring at her eyes for a second to see if she'll wake up. She doesn't. I put on my pajama pants and open the door to our bedroom and walk to find the kitchen.

Going straight for the fridge, I get an egg and crack it open in the pan on the on top of the burner stove. I fry some bacon too and make a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. We don't have a dining room. It's just a few stools around the island in the kitchen if we want to eat in a 'dining room setting'. I sit down on our black sofa and find the remote. I'm flipping through channels, taking bites out of the sandwich when I hear my phone ring.

I hurry up and run to the bedroom. Tati is still asleep. She becomes a heavy sleeper when she's drunk. I pick up my phone off the night stand and answer it going out of the room.

"Aye bro, you gonna come over? We need you at the spot," I hear Ashten ask when I pick up.

"Yeah, gimme an hour," I say to him.