Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It's been a whole week since I was taken and met Chris. Carlos Sanchez hasn't come back to this area of Chicago and I feel relatively safe but I out of all people know, never get too comfortable on the job.

"Chris DeSean Taylor," Ian our computer guy says trying to get more information on him. I just got news that I have to make a deal tomorrow with him and I kind of want to know what exactly am I dealing with. I have to do this deal alone but we're going to have eyes all over the place at a distance just for my safety. But what is safe in this business?

Ian continues on talking, "He's had three arrests. Always got off early on good behavior."

"Don't they always," Ashten says rolling his eyes. He's sitting in a seat next to Ian and I'm the only one in the room standing up. I just am a little nervous and can't sit still at the moment.

Ian lets out a short chuckle at the comment and I know it is a true fact but I can't bring myself to laugh.

"What were the arrests for?" Ashten asks Ian plucking an almond into his mouth. They're Ashten's favorite snack food ever since we were little but he always seems to eat them more when he's nervous or is concentrating.

"Disorderly conduct, possession of an unauthorized weapon and possession of coke/cocaine," Ian goes through telling us and if I didn't have anything to be scared about before, I most definitely do now. Possession of an unauthorized weapon means that he either has so many weapons that he obtains them all illegally or he has weapons that aren't necessarily, allowed in the U. S. That scenario scares the crap out of me knowing we're messing with the big rollers and we probably don't have half their protection and I'm having to do this alone. I can't lose.

"Can I go in with like a shot gun taped to me?" I ask knowing I can't but really wishing I could control some of the shots if there were to be any.

"Really Sean? Imma be in the sky, don't you trust me?" Ashten says with a mock look of hurt.

"No," I tell him like it's a no brainer. He knows I'm playing but I would honestly like it better if I could have a weapon on me too.

"Ass," he counters throwing some of the almonds that were in his hand at me. I put my hand up in protection and let out a chuckle.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go check on Tati before I leave out," I tell them exiting the room.

"Alright," I hear Ashten say as I touch Ian's shoulder not to mess him up as he types on the computer. I give Ashten a fist bump and leave out.

I take the stairs two at a time really wanting to be with Tati. At times like this I wish the spot was closer to my house but I know that it is vital for no one to find it.

As I pull into the driveway of my house my mind reels with things but I don't want to talk about them. I just want to forget and that makes my need for Tati a little bit stronger. I know she can make me forget.

Walking in, I don't see her in the kitchen or the living room so I go straight to the bedroom with my mind clouded. Tati comes out of the bedroom standing in the doorframe.

"I thought I heard the door," she says with a smile on her face. "Can you help me zip up my dress?" she asks me going back into the room. I follow her into the room with no attention to help her but to get everything off my mind.

I walk in to see her standing by the side of the bed looking in the mirror on the wall. I go right over to her and she smiles then turns her back to me so I can zip her dress. Instead, I turn her around and bow my head down to kiss her. My hands go to her waist and I push her back against the wall. What sounds like an involuntary moan escapes her perfect lips. Her lips immediately respond to mine and I can tell I'm not the only one that had a need for the other.