The Beginning

Zak Bagans was given guardianship of me six months ago when my parents passed away in a freak drunk accident. Zak was a ghost hunter for his own show, "Ghost Adventures", and he was the host. He was very good, but it also meant I would have to go with him everywhere. I'm not complaining, I loved being with Zak, He was there when my father wasn't. My parents were busy people and they were never home. I got stuck with a nanny, but when my parents were home, my father was anything, but loving towards me. My mother just did her own thing and ignored me. My nanny, Amelia, raised me. She was like a mother to me and was always there too. That's why I am calm and not freaking out. As soon as Zak heard, he was on a plane to Boston to come get me. He knew why I wasn't crying and not freaking out. He knew it all...He just didn't know the physical abuse and verbal abuse my father inflicted on me. I was on a plane to the next investigation and I was on my iPad watching a movie, Harry potter to be exact. Zak was next to me asleep and the other two were doing something I didn't know. I felt him move next to me and just figured he was moving in his sleep.

"Annie, what time is it?" I looked at the screen and turned to him.

"12:30, sleepy," he flashed a smile and stared at my screen.

"Harry Potter, huh?" he chuckled and watched over my shoulder. I munched on chips and put the bag between me to share with Zak.

"Always and forever," I turned to him and smiled, then went back to watching my movie. I checked the status of the flight and we just hit Massachusetts. We were going to visit Boston and the Lizzie Borden House. Boston was lovely, but it housed my worst nightmare.

"When we get to Logan, we'll eat. I think your stomach yelled out a couple times," he laughed and I shook my head, smiling. I turned off my iPad and leaned my head on his shoulder. I felt him smooth my hair out before kissing my forehead. About 30 minutes later, the pilot came on the overcome saying we just reached Boston and we would be landing momentarily. It was summer right now, so it wasn't cold, thankfully. We waited for the plane to land and we got our carry-ons, boarding off the plane. We picked food up at a Wendy's in the airport and headed back to the hotel to eat. I quickly ate, then changed into sweatpants. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to envelope me. I felt the bed dip in, signaling Zak had joined, "Sleep well, Annie," I nodded and fell asleep.

About four hours later, I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder and turned around to see Zak, "Good sleep, honey?"

"Yeah. What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. He turned on his phone and looked at me.

"It's 4:30. How about you get dressed and we can get dinner. Tomorrow, we are going to Fall River to the Lizzie Borden house, so we'll be up at 6:30 and leaving here by 8,"

"M'kay" I pushed the blankets aside and climbed off of bed to my suitcase. I got the same pair of jeans I had on before and walked off to the bathroom to get changed. I put my converse on and followed Zak out the door to meet Aaron and Nick to the lobby.

"You take forever to wake up, "Nick told me. I gave him a face and we walked out to the SUV to go to the restaurant.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

         After dinner, Zak and I went around Boston and went in to the shops. I went upstairs and Zak was downstairs. I was looking at all the shirts and sweatshirts. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around, startled.

"Why are you up here by yourself? How about I help you find your parents?" the man asked me.

"I know where he is, thanks,"