Chapter 3

Chapter Three

I woke up alone in the SUV backseat and heard talking outside. I laid down still, not knowing if I was still dizzy or not.

"Zak, she's your daughter...how the hell did that happen?" Nick asked him, "I've been wondering why whenever I look at her, I see you. I just thought it was a coincidence,"

"I'm not surprised....Savannah would've kept this from me. God...if Robert wasn't already dead, he's be dead right now. What do you mean you saw me in her?"

"She has chestnut hair and your piercing blue eyes. They can be intimidating sometimes and whenever I look at Annie, I see you," Nick told him.

"I've never noticed it. Sometime today, we'll do a paternity test and see if Robert is right. Even if he isn't, she'll still be my daughter no matter what,"

"Good," I turned over and found that Zak's jacket was over me. I sat up and put it over my shoulders. I stayed in the SUV though where it was warm. The door opened and I looked up. It was Nick getting in the front seat, so I went back to lying down in the backseat so nobody would see me awake.

"Aaron, look behind you and see if she is still out,"

"Yeah," I closed my eyes and pretended I was asleep still, "Dude, she is still out,"

"Okay," This time I really did fall back asleep.

I woke up later to being lifted from the SUV and I opened my eyes to see Zak. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled and kissed my forehead. He switched me, so my legs were around his waist and wrapped his arm around me. We got to the hotel room and Zak tucked me in. I was getting sleepy again, but I didn't fall asleep before hearing, "I love you, Annie,".

Morning.......

"Princess, it's time to get up. We need to get ready to leave for Vegas," I nodded and pulled the covers away to walk to my suitcase. I saw that it was neatly packed and I smiled. I grabbed some shorts and a tank top and walked to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I got dressed and slipped on some pink and white striped flip-flops. I put the pajamas in the suitcase and put all my stuff that was in the bathroom and put it all in the suitcase. I zipped it up and left it on the stand. Zak had just got out of the bathroom when I zipped it up when he got out. He slipped on his shoes and put on a hat before grabbing the suitcase and put it down. I grabbed my backpack and we walked out of the hotel room to check out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Zak and I were back in Vegas and I was left at home while Zak went to the doctor's office to get the paternity test. I was watching TV when I heard the light go on upstairs. Nobody was in the house, but me. The worst part was ...I didn't have any communication to get through to Zak, but a land line. I had no idea what his number was. I started hearing footsteps coming down the stairs and I ran to the kitchen to hide in the pantry. I turned the lights off and silently prayed to myself. I saw black footsteps just in front of the pantry and my breath hitched. The door opened and I saw a tall black figure with no face cowering down at me. I let out a loud scream and ran past the figure to my bedroom. I heard footsteps behind me and all of a sudden, I was dragged by my ankle down the stairs.

"HELP!!!!!!" I screeched out. All of a sudden, the figure disappeared and I got up. I opened the door and darted outside. Just as I got outside, Zak pulled in and I rushed to him as he got out.