Chapter 6

So dad finally went on a date with Olivia and I was at Aaron's. He was trying to decide on what we should do for 5 hours and he finally decided, go karts and pizza.

"Yay!" I jumped in delight and was so happy I dressed appropriately. I had on a t-shirt, skinny jeans, and kitty converse. It was the perfect attire for go-karting. Aaron placed his shoes on, grabbed his keys and wallet, and opened the door to let me in first. I opened the​ back door and he got in the driver's seat. He started to pull out of his driveway and off we went. I can tell you I beat him ...like twice. By the end , we got hungry and we went to get pizza. He pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. We got out and walked inside. The hostess just stood at the podium on her phone and didn't even noticed us until I let out a cough. She jumped a little and gave a nervous laugh at us .

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I was watching a makeup tutorial. Just two?"

"Yes, but two adult menus," Aaron answered.

"But little kids get children menus," she cooed at me. It was sickening.

"I'm 11, not 5," I sighed and sh just smiled, leading us to our booth. I slid in and Aaron sat across from me.

"What can I get you guys?"

"Iced tea and a pink lemonade for shorty," she giggled a bit and went back to get them.

"She's not the sharpest tool in the shed," Aaron muffled a laugh and I laughed a little as well. She came back a few minutes later with our drinks and looked at Aaron for a bit.

"OMG! You're Aaron from Ghost Adventures and you're Zak's little girl, right?" she squealed and we just nodded, " Zak is so HOT!"

"Yep, I'm Aaron-"

"I'm hungry" I interrupted, frowning at her. Her smile faded and she got out her note pad, "I want a personal supreme pizza with extra onions and peppers. No mushrooms, I'm allergic" she wrote it all down,rolled her eyes, and went to Aaron, smiling at him.

"Just a pepperoni calzone and a meat lover's personal pizza for me," she wrote that down and smiled at him, never looking at me.

"Alrighty, anything for you guys," she squealed and went into the back.

"I really hope Olivia and my dad get serious. I hate it when women fall all over him,"

"I know, but I am sure your dad likes Olivia," I nodded and took a sip of my lemonade. We waited 15 minutes and our food finally arrived .She gave Aaron's food with a smile and mine with a glare.

"Anything else?" I shook my head and took a bite of my my pizza. As soon as I swallowed it, I began coughing and even when I took a sip of my drink, I still was coughing.

"Annie? You okay?" he looked down and his eyes widened, " Annie, where is your pen?" I pointed to my bag while I was coughing. He took off the cover and stabbed my thigh, massaging the spot after. He laid me on the floor and got out his phone, " Hi, my niece is having an allergy reaction. Yes, I already put the epi-pen in her. Her face and arms are rashing up and her face is swollen a bit. Yeah, I'm with her. Yes, she's on the ground. We are at Al's Italian World on Grove Avenue. Okay, thanks," he hung up and dialed another number, " Zak?"

" What's wrong?" he didn't sound too happy.

" Chill! Annie is being rushed to the hospital. She is having an allergic reaction. I'm guessing our waitress forgot to put no mushrooms,"

"Crap! Is she-" Just as dad asked the questions, the door opened and a few people were directing the paramedics to us.

"Paramedics are here. Meet us at Mountain view," he hung up and asked the manager to watch his car so he could go in with me .He told him he would and to go. One paramedic strapped on an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose and carefully transported. He strapped me in and him and another lady brought me into the ambulance. Aaron followed and sat next to me, holding my hand. They started ivs and my blood pressure.

" Are you her father?"

"No, I'm her uncle. Her father is on his way right now," the man nodded and went about what he was doing. Soon we arrived at the hospital and they pulled me out of the ambulance and into the hospital. Aaron followed after , but he was being redirected to the waiting room. They wheeled me into a brightly lit room and a million people were around me.

" Annaleigh Mackenna Bagans, anaphylactic shock due to mushrooms," a man took off the mask and I opened my mouth as wide s I could. He took a flashlight and looked inside, " her airways are closing, " he stuck another epi-pen into me and placed the oxygen mask on me. By that, I felt my eyes closing.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXZak's P.OVXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was livid. I raced to the hospital and found Aaron in the waiting room with his phone in his hand.

"Is Annie still in?" he looked up and nodded. I sat next to him and looked at my phone to pass the time.

"I'm sorry, dude. I should have looked at it before she ate it,but that waitress did not like her for some reason,"

"It's not your fault,dude. It's the waitress'," He nodded, " After this, I am talking to the manager about this. This is bull,"

"Annaleigh Bagans' father?" I stood up and so did Aaron. We walked to the nurse and she looked at us questionably.

"He's her uncle," I cleared at her and she nodded, smiling.

"Your daughter is responding well to her treatment , but we still want to keep her overnight for observation,"

"Can I see her?" I asked, not wanting any longer to see Annie.

"Of course, her room is 612," I nodded and walked down the hall, Aaron following and walked to her room to see a nurse finishing her up. She looked up and her eyes widened at me. I smiled and waited for the nurse to leave before I walked in. I grabbed her in my arms and kissed her hair, not wanting to let her go.

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are you feeling okay?" I looked her over to only find the remains of the rash on her.

"I'm okay now, daddy," I smiled and sat next to her, holding her hand, "Uncle Aaron knew what to do,"

"I'm glad he was there. Rest while I make a phone call," I kissed her forehead and she nodded, smiling. I got up and walked into the hallway, looking for the phone number for Al's Italian World. Finding it, I dialed it, waiting for someone to answer.

"Hello, Al's Italian World, how may I help you?"

"I need to talk to the manager," I told her.

"May I ask who is speaking?" the woman asked.

"My daughter and friend were in early. She was the little girl who was rushed to the hospital because she had an allergy reaction. She almost died because someone put mushrooms on a pizza she asked not,"

"Uh, yes sir. He is right next to me,"

"Hi sir, my name is Anthony. How is your daughter?" he asked.

"Better, they just have to keep her overnight. I know she told whoever took her order that she was allergic,"

"Yes, sir. We looked at the ticket and it was written, but not rang up. The waitress that took the order has been suspended until further notice. We want to give you a $100 gift card to ensure this will never happen again and that you have our trust back, "

"Thank you. I very much appreciate that. I can be by to get that tomorrow, " Considering that he was apologetic and that whoever messed up was discipline, I was content. I said goodbye to the manager and hung up. I walked back into her room and saw that both Aaron and Annie were asleep. I sat on the chair next to her and turned on the TV, silently watching it.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAnnie's POVXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

At 11, we left the hospital and my father carried me from the car to his bedroom.

"Daddy, I'm not tired," I told, yawning.

"Yes, you are. Just sleep, honey," I laid my head on the pillow, falling asleep instantly.