Chapter 29

Joe's POV

I was on the train to see Maddie, I have to tell her I love her. So her I was on the train nearing Brighton. Zoe was actually letting me stay with her after telling her what I wanted.

I was now sat in the spare bedroom at the Zalfie house. Zoe was asking Maddie to come round so that they can have a girly day. When really I was going to confess my love to her and ask her out again. I really hope this works. I haven't been the same since the breakup and I don't really know why I ever dated Nat. I mean she always nice but she wasn't Maddie. I need her in my life.

Maddie's POV

I was getting ready for a girly day with Zoe and I was sat straightening my hair. I hope today will be fun, I need something to distract me from the heartbreak. Ever since the break up I haven't been the same. I just wish that Joe felt the same towards me, but I know that he didn't love me back. My phone went off and I looked down to see Zoe's name appear on my screen. She told me to be there as soon as possible and I told her I would be there in a few hours because I had just woken up. She was very calm about this, even though she just told me to hurry up but I did t think anything of it and just went along. When she had finished talking to me I put my phone on charge and went into the bathroom to get in the shower. I didn't bother putting my hair up as I was going to a wash it.

When I had finished in the shower and my hair was dripping on to the floor. I dryer my hair and let it hang naturally, but I did put my flower crown on top of it to tame it a little bit more. I went into my room and just put on a pair of jeans with a burgundy jumper that hung off of one shoulder as it was still a little bit cold outside. Stupid English weather. Anyway I put a pair of burgundy converse to match the jumper. I ran down the stairs and grabbed a cereal bar and a glass of milkshake. I downed the milkshake and began eating the cereal bar as Marcus came down the stairs. "Hey! I thought you would have left by now." He said like he was nervous about something. "I'm just about to leave. Don't worry I already talked to Zoe." I said and decided not to ask about the hint of nervousness in his voice. After we had finished with our conversation I walked out of the door and plugged in my head phones. I heard the intro to one of my favourite songs.

If you can't hang then there's the door baby
I don't waste your precious time
Cause your such a pretty pretty pretty pretty face
But you turned into a pretty big waste of my time.

By the end of the song I was walking up the stairs to Zoe's house. I took out my headphones before I knocked on the door. I put my iPod in my bag and took out my phone. I text.  Marcus to tell him I had arrived and then knocked on the door. I waited a few minuets and no one came. I knocked again. Waited. And no one. I did this a few more times and still no one came. I typed a quick message to Zoe asking where she was. Within a few minuets the door opened and I stepped in. "Well about time, it was really cold out there Zo." I complained as I hugged her. "Sorry I was just talking to a guest we have here." She replied. Wait, she never said anything about a guest. "Oh, do you want me to leave so you can spend time with them."my asked and was about to put my shoes on again. "No! They actually came to see you. That's why I asked you to come here." She said and pushed me in there.

I was stunned by who was there. "Maddie please just listen to me." Joe said when I nearly ran out of he room. "Please, I know that I was an idiot and said some cruel things to you but I just want you back." He said coming closer to me but I stepped back. "Maddie please. You don't have to date me I just want you back in my life again. I still love you and I now know what an idiot I was. Please." Joe said and once again stepped forwards. Once again I stepped back, but this time I ran up the stairs.