Chapter 2: The Choice

I exited the pod and looked around. There were many trees and flowers everywhere, along with the animals that lived in this environment. If Kakarot really was trying to destroy this planet's life, he was either doing a terrible job, or missed a spot. I sat down on a nearby rock, and started thinking. I've destroyed countless races, I thought, I was merciless, remorseless, a cold-blooded killer. Why is it now, I'm feeling some sort of regret when I was shown that kindness, from a race who didn't even have roads?  As I was sitting, some sort of large dog with hooves came up to me, and sniffed my hand. Looking at it, it was unlike anything I have ever seen. It had large horns that broke off into smaller horns, but it had fur too. It had a small, slender snout, but a furless, black nose. It was beautiful. I started to shift to sit more comfortably, and when I started, the animal got startled, and ran off into the green of the forest. Is what I'm doing, killing all these lifeforms for... HIM... right? I got up, and I started walking. I noticed the blue sky, and the animals flying in it. I saw the clear blue waters, and the plant life floating in it. I started to think more of what I have done. Of who I've killed. Before I knew what happened, I arrived at one of the cities. I entered the city, and saw that the sign said, "Welcome to North City!" Creative creatures, aren't they? I thought to myself. The superior species of the planet, the "Primary Race," looked a lot like Saiyans, just missing tails. I turned on my scouter, and started scanning the crowds. I was shocked to see that, although they looked very much like the Saiyan race, they definitely did not share our power. The strongest number I saw was twenty-five. I put away my scouter, and kept walking, ignoring anyone who gave me weird looks. I guess they didn't have Saiyan armor either. I kept from hitting myself at that thought. Of course they don't have Saiyan armor! I thought, They aren't Saiyans! I could see why Kakarot wouldn't have killed them. He was only an infant when he was sent here, he could've mistaked these people for our kind. I headed back for the forest.

I was sitting by a river for a few hours, until something came up on my scouter. It was a power level that, while still pretty small, was stronger than every other Earthling I saw. It reached at two hundred and fifty. The only thing that is weird is, it appeared that whoever owns that power level was coming where I was at an alarming rate, and there was a smaller power level of two hundred. Before I knew it, the two power levels landed beside me, and I was able to see who owned those power level. I stood up, and faced their direction, and looked. A man, with a third eye, and a small child, paler than snow. The smaller one wore a strange symbol on his clothing, while the larger one just wore a white shirt and green pants. The larger one spoke first. "Who are you, and why did you come to my planet?" I looked over, and saw the determination and anger on his face, and the slight fear on the smaller one. "Look, I'm not here to hurt anyone, but if you must know, my name is Okora, and I am a Saiyan." Before I could say another word, the man said, "A Saiyan? Krillin told me that Goku and him were attacked by one a little while ago! You have some explaining to do!" He got into a fighting stance. I looked at him and simply said, "Look, I'm not here to fight, I was simply sent here with my associate to see Kakarot's progress on the destruction of this planet. Since I can clearly see that he's failed, I have nothing else to do. I was not instructed to destroy this planet's life. Just to check. Now that that's over, I've got no motive to destroy this planet." "So what are you saying?" I responded, "What I'm saying is, I just want to talk. If I wanted to fight, you'd be dead by now, and you know it." The man stood back up, out of his fighting stance, and the small one, seeing I wasn't going to fight, got less tense, and came out from behind the man. "Fine, but if you try anything, I will stop you." The man said. "You have my word that you, your friend, and this planet will not face my power." The man sat down in front of me, and the small one next to him. I sat back down, still facing them. "Mind if I ask what your names are?" I asked the man. "My name is Tien Shinhan, and my friend here is Chiaotzu." At this point the small one, Chiaotzu, said in a meek voice, "Nice to meet you." Tien asked me, "Tell me, your friend seems determined for Goku to destroy this planet, or he will himself. Why aren't you doing the same?" I looked down and said, "I've spent my whole life destroying lifeforms for a man. My recent actions started making me... rethink my entire life choices." I stood up, and said, "I've decided I'm not going to work for that tyrant anymore, and work to protect planets from his grasp!" Tien smiled and said, "I can definitely tell you're serious about this, but what about your friend? Won't he be a little upset?" I looked at him and laughed. "Trust me, he's barely a partner, let alone friend." At that moment, I heard on my scouter Raditz's voice. Speak of the devil. I picked it up, and heard a dying Raditz, saying, "If you think you can get away with this, my cohorts, two more Saiyans, have heard everything that's transpired so far! They'll be here in a year's notice, and make you all pay for what you've done, and to make things even worse for you, my partner is already on this planet! All three much more powerful than me! Ahahahaha..." Static. I put down the scouter, and looked at Tien. By how I looked, he could tell some bad news was coming.

"What's going on, Tien?" Chiaotzu said, frightened. "What happened, Okora?" Tien said, concerned. "Well," I responded, "Raditz, the other Saiyan that came with me, is dead. Killed by Kakarot, who I'm guessing is Goku, and out of anything, a Namekian." Tien and Chiaotzu cheered. "That means Goku was successful killing that freak!" Tien cheered. "There's more," I told him somberly, "With his dying breaths, Raditz said that two more Saiyans are arriving in a year, which probably means it's who I think it is. Plus, he revealed that I am already on this planet, which means your friends will try to find, and kill, me." Tien stopped cheering. "Well I guess I could vouch for you, that'll get them off of your back, but two others are coming? And they're more powerful than that 'Raditz?'" "To make things worse, the two other Saiyans are more powerful than I am too, and Kaka- Goku, is dead. Sacrificed himself, so his brother would die." At this moment Tien and Chiaotzu stood up, and Tien told me, "Well, might as well tell the rest about you before they can start that search." I agreed, and Tien and Chiaotzu started flying off, telling me to follow them. I followed after them, and caught up rather fast. "Wow, you're fast, and from what I can tell, powerful!" Tien told me, laughing. "Well of course! I have a power level of one thousand, four hundred!" I boasted. "Really? You can tell how powerful people are? How?" Tien pondered. "Through this scouter I have," I pointed at it, and continued, "It tells how powerful somebody is at the moment." "Really? Can we test it out real fast?" Tien, Chiaotzu, and I landed real fast, and the two powered up. I looked at my scouter, and saw that their power were near the same as before, when I first saw them. "Tien is at two hundred and fifty, Chiaotzu maxes out at two hundred. " Tien looked satisfied, but at the same time, disappointed. "That's all? Well, I guess I have to keep training then! Let's keep going then!" Eventually, we arrived at a small house on a very small island, or, as Tien called it, my "second chance."