Chapter Three: Training

When we landed, Tien was immediately greeted by a man with a scar over his eye, a blue haired woman, two bald short men, an old one with a beard and moustache, another with six dots on his forehead who looked pretty young, a pig man, a cat, and a turtle. This has got to be the weirdest group I've ever seen, I thought to  myself. I should definitely know too. As I was thinking, the short bald man looked at me, and suddenly looked terrified, "The guy who hit me into Kame House had clothing just like that guy! He must be that other guy's partner! The one Piccolo warned us about!" At that moment the man with the scar, the old man, and the terrified one got ready to fight. The scarred one started to lunge at me before Tien got in the way. Tien shoved him to the ground and shouted, "He isn't like the others!" The old one was the first to leave his stance, and walked up to me. The other bald man yelled, "Master Roshi! Don't!" Roshi's his name, then? "I know what I'm doing! Keep quiet!" Roshi responded. He walked up to me, and started to inspect me. I don't know what it was about him, but I didn't need a scouter to tell he had some latent power behind him. I think it was just the courage he had to walk up to someone like me. After he was done inspecting me, he held out his hand, and said, "Nice to meet you. My name is Roshi. Over there are Krillin, Bulma, Puar, Oolong, and Turtle. The one on his butt right now is Yamcha." He pointed to each of them, respectively. "Nice to meet you all. My name is Okora, and Tien is right. I used to be like Raditz, the other Saiyan that was here, but I'm starting to change my ways. I know now that what I wasdoing was wrong. I was simply a puppet to a monstrous tyrant, much like Raditz. I refuse to be so anymore." Roshi, at that point, said, "That must be terrible, to be used by someone like that if you're this strong." Krillin, the short bald man, responded, "Well, I don't know about this, but if Master Roshi trusts you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." "Well I'm keeping my eye on you." Yamcha scowled at me. "Duly noted," I told him, giving back the same scowl. "Now there's still the threat of my prince, and his partner, coming." Krillin spoke up at this point, "Wait, prince? Piccolo already filled us in on how there were two more coming, but what's this about a prince?" "I'll explain more inside."

When we got inside, I told them about how Vegeta and Nappa overheard everything that happened, and that they will be arriving in a year's time, maybe even less, because of how they were sent to a planet only a couple galaxies away from Earth's. "We need to start training immediately!" Tien said, with a fire I've never seen in another fighter. "What's the point? You saw how powerful Raditz was! Plus these guys are supposed to be even stronger than him!" Krillin fearfully shouted. "I have to agree with Krillin on this one. You can sense how powerful this one is, and they're supposed to be even stronger than him!" Yamcha said. "There's no point arguing! It's either we die trying to protect Earth, or we die anyways! I'd much rather go out with a fight!" Tien yelled at them both. At this point Yamcha got in Tien's face, and yelled, "We don't even have Goku!" "Well we have him!" Tien screamed back, and pointed at me. Startled, I couldn't say anything in response for a second, but quickly recovered. "Look, the best thing we can do IS train. If we have the whole year, and we dedicate every day to training, we can stand a chance. Maybe not defeat them, but maybe, just maybe, stall them long enough to have a mass evacuation or something." I responded calmly. Roshi nodded in agreement. "I can tell each of your power levels, and if we can get you guys ready for this, we can hold them off for at least four hours." Suddenly Krillin started laughing in happiness. "I got it! The solution was so simple, I can't believe we didn't see it sooner!" Krillin exclaimed. Bulma looked confused for a second, but caught on immediately. "The dragon balls! Of course! Krillin! you're a genius! We can just wish Goku back!" Bulma gleefully shouted. "The... dragon balls?" I questioned. Yamcha was the first to answer me. "There are seven magical balls, that if you gather them all, you can summon a dragon who will grant any wish!" Shocked, I commented under my breath, "So their Namekian made his own then."