Gone

"You tore me apart, I apologized." I whispered.

The Doc had stuffed some slip of paper in my hand, probably about the funeral for her. I grimaced at the fact that she was already gone.

She left me. She tore me apart. I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I was such a jerk, I'm sorry I cared too much. I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I let you tear me apart. But dang, I would do it all over again if I could.

I guess they let me take my time because I'd been here at the hospital for 3 days. No one even called. Except for her parents. No one cared about me. I silently sobbed. She did. Did. But she left me too.

Because I'm a Loner.

****************

As I made my way down the hall, I saw her. Her best friend to be precise. She didn't usually leave her side when I wasn't around. She was her other protecter when I wasn't there to be her knight. I trusted her more than I did my best friends, but I didn't tell her the things they knew. If anyone knew, I would be done for. I'd have to move, again. I couldn't risk that. Not like anyone would know.

I was on my way to home room when the night mare decided to continue itself though, it was more a dream telling me I had done wrong. I shook from my thoughts, I couldn't do this now, not now, I have to keep up with my act. Be the new kid, not Joshie. I shivered at the thought.

I could not be like Joshie. Joshie was only hers. Her. I shook out of my thoughts, again. God, how many times am I going to do this?

Probably Forever.

Ugh, stop it subconscious, I don't need this right now.

I walked into the classroom, and took a seat in the far back corner by the window. The teacher came into the classroom, and started talking about first day of school crap, but I wasn't listening. Until she said one thing about taking roll that caught my attention.

"Marcie White?"

"Here" she told her. I sneaked a glance. One of my old best friends is here. This is going to be hard. How am I supposed to go unnoticed when Marcie is here to confront me?

I shifted uncomfortably against the seat. Of course with my luck, I get classes with Marcie.

And here's something else to make my luck even worse, "Oh, and I've heard we have a new student today, where is he, introduce yourself please" The teacher said. I rolled my eyes and stood up, making the chair scratch against the floor, also scaring the crap out of the class.

"Hi," I started, not going with Joshua for sure. I've done many other names I've used for my act. I usually come up with the names last minute, and it's far from my own. For some reason, something in me decided to choose a name so similar to mine.

"My name is Jonathan Jenkins, and you don't wanna mess with me." I glare at everyone just for good measure. Most of them cowered in fear, even the teacher did, except for Marcie. Of course. She just looked confused. She was about to say something when I gave her a quick look of plead. She gave a small nod, and shut her mouth. I sat down with a loud thud.

"Well, you've heard the man, um, take out your new notebooks, we're gonna set them up today" The teacher told the class. I sighed. Just because I might be intimating doesn't mean I can fail school. Actually, the faster I finish school, the faster I'll be free.

****************

After a tough first day of school, introducing myself again and again, I finally get to go home. I walk out of the building over to my Maserati, and opened the door to get in. I could see Marcie walking my way from the corner of my eye. I start the car and got out of there as fast as I could.

Once I got home, I walk into my new apartment, surprised to be greeted by some one I used to be really close to. Maybe I shouldn't have moved in with him, but where else would I have gone? He needed a roommate and I needed a place to stay. I had heard that he moved out, and I was not going to stay with my parents.

I hear a rustle in the kitchen, and I turn to see if he really is there. I tried, but I couldn't hide the smile forming on my face. I drop my stuff, and ran over to him. He was looking in the fridge when I hugged him from behind. He gasped, and I only squeezed him tighter.

He was one of the people who didn't leave me. The only person. Until I left, only to leave the past behind, I had left him behind too. He turned around and I let go. He smiled that goofy smile I once knew. He was so much taller than I was. He ruffled my hair, and hugged me. I hugged him back. There was a bit of silence before he said the first word.

"I missed you Joshie" he mumbled in my ear.

"I missed you too Bent" I whispered back.