Chapter 10: Word of an Adventure

Vasilisa's POV

On the dawn of Day #3, Scar decides to arise and scare the shit out of me.

I wake up and his face is inches from mine.

My heart stops and I gasp.

He laughs and sits back on his knees.

I sit up and slap his arm "You bastard. What did you think you'd accomplish by giving me a heart attack?"

He chuckles "That look on your face. It's priceless."

I huffed and sat up "I sit in here for three days, barely pissing, eating or sleeping, for you, and what do you decide to do? Try to scare me into my next life..." I muttered to myself as I popped various places of my body.

He was sitting on the bed, smirking at me "You're griping like a girl."

I stilled and then huffed again, rolling my eyes "I carried you halfway across the city, you stumbling around, drunk off of pain, mister..." I wagged my finger at him and his smiled faded.

"Thank you, V. I've spoken to Rhyn. He told me. I appreciate it, and I trust you more now because even though you didn't have to take care of me, you did. In fact..." He paused, looking around, as if maybe he'd find what to say next on the wall to his left and right, rather than in his head "...I have to leave in a few days, and I would like it if you accompanied me."

I scowled "Accompanied you where, exactly?"

He took a deep breath "Well, you see, we have small intrusions by the enemy on our outer regions. I need to go assess damage and, considering it was small, there's still a chance we can talk through this and maybe, just maybe, avoid a war all together."

My frown deepened "Why is it not able to be spoken through right now?"

He grimaced "Well, us Lycanthropes are not particularly fond of those Vampyres, and when a lot of us are in a room together, we tend to quarrel and get our pride bruised..."

I sighed "Dear Lord, perhaps you should send the women in instead. Men tend to do that in general."

He scowled "We do not. These are vicious, coldblooded killers, and.." His face grew deadly serious "..and they killed my mother in front of me. It's kind of hard to separate them from that time in my past."

I swallowed deeply, feeling strangely empathetic and glad he'd shared something so personal with me. I exhaled before speaking slowly "I understand, Scar, but think about it this way; those horrendous vampyres you're talking about, they are somebody's children too. They are somebody's brother, sister, mother, and father. I've seen humans kill other humans before out of spite, but that doesn't mean all of us are bad either, does it?"

He turned away, angrily "You couldn't possibly understand. I should've known that you would try to reason with me about those filthy bloodsuckers. Get yourself cleaned up and...go help your sister or something. I have no use of you today."

I watched him warily as he left and then I released the death bite I'd had on my tongue.

He didn't know half of what I understood, but after that little speech, there was no way in hell I'd be enlightening him.

I angrily tugged on my coat and followed him out of the door. I saw him stomping down the street and I made sure to go the other way. 

Scar's POV

It had been a day and I was still fuming.

Rhyn didn't have a clue why, he just asked if I wanted to go hunting to blow off steam. I agreed.