Chapter 27: Hot Buns

Scar's POV

Markov was ordered to stay behind.

I was informed that he was suffering a great deal, and would likely not live much longer if not reunited with his consort.

With that being said, if or when we found Katherine, we would have to convince her to stay with Markov.

He would have to so some serious reconstructing of their relationship as well.

Henry offered that when we got within a twenty mile radius of Katherine he would be able to sense her since she had been in his coven at some point in time. Since she was no longer a Vampyre though, is why the radius was small.

He mentioned that if a Vampyre was in his coven, generally, he could sense where they were for much longer. So, if he were standing in the middle of the country (That happened to be perfectly round) he would be able to tell if any of his coven members were present from the center and then all the way around the country line. That would be at least three times as much as 20 miles, if not more.

Talon and I shifted so we could go on ahead to scout the roads from Felain to Dentrow.

It was suggested that since Katherine was a fugitive, that used to be a Vampyre, she would most likely run to Lycanthrope territory. 

We agreed and were now running through, trying to catch her scent which was provided to us by Markov.

It was from her scarf that she wore a lot. She smelled like sickly sweet honeysuckle to me, but, then again, the female scent we were designed to be attracted to was that strictly of our mate.

This seemed like a helpless way of searching, because in truth, it was. We really had no freaking idea where this crazy witch was.

Well, not until we found a very large man, laying in the middle of the road, clutching his knee, and with tears streaming down his face.

He cried out in fear when he saw bear-sized wolves trotting towards him.

I immediately caught a faint scent though.

The light showers that had been coming on an off for the past hour must have diluted it, but the Jasmine was still lingering.

Talon and I shared a look.

Henry didn't seem to miss it "What is it? I mean, besides the Giant..." 

I pawed the ground and growled, then lifted my nose and scented the air.

Henry's eyes widened "Katherine, you..." 

I growled and he stopped "Well, who's is it then?"

I didn't have time to change...

I looked at the ground and saw that the dirt was wet. It was taking marks and keeping them much better.

I moved my paw deliberately.

When I moved away, I had a harsh "V" drawn.

Henry frowned at the ground "Which way?"

I sniffed around before finding which way the scent went.

If Vas was really out here...

It made me want to howl thinking about it.

If I find her, I will strap her ass when we get back home.

I will. 

Talon and I took off running and hoped the Vampyres could keep up. They were fast, but we were faster.