Prologue

POV: D

She and I were in the same homeroom in sixth grade. I liked her. I liked her a lot. In the hallways I would secretly smell her hair. It smelt really good. The other boys would make fun of me. She was really pretty, shy, smart, and nice. Obviously a girl like her could never like a guy like me. I wasn't cute, nice, but not nice enough, not a genius, and somewhat shy. Her name is something I will never reveal. I'll call her G throughout the story. Anyways, I know for sure that she had heard the boys say, "********" once. (Like I said, our true names shall not be revealed...) How? I overheard her telling her group of friends about it. That was the one, and only time I had heard her acknowledge me. 

Over the summer, I wasn't seeing her, so my feelings for her vanished. I had no social media or even a phone. Nothing but an iPad that I couldn't do anything with. Oh, how I wanted to find out her number or even email and begin to text her. I couldn't. That's how the feelings left me. I basically had forgotten about her.

That is, until the first day of seventh grade.

POV: G

He and I were in the same homeroom all throughout sixth grade. Honestly, I had a feeling that he liked me. (A scientific study proves that if a GIRL thinks that a BOY likes her, she is 100% correct! How? It's just natural for us. [;) He would walk up behind me and smell my hair at least once a week. I also had heard his friends say "********" (ship name). I wanted to like him. He just wasn't really my type...I was more into the nerdy boys who weren't exactly the most attractive. However, they were hilarious, always knew what to say, got me, and were really sweet. 

Most of the year I liked this one boy, Tim. He and I actually started dating. I eventually broke up with him. After one month and one day to be exact. (Hey, who would do it on the one month "anniversary"? I actually found the anniversary quite stupid.) I regretted this deeply, as he began to bully me/pressure me into getting back together with me. I didn't. He continued. About a week after this, I found out a boy J liked me. I didn't even really known him. We had texted once. We had no classes together. He emailed me right when Tim and I broke up. He was there for me through it all. Eventually, we began texting again. Then, the week later, I found out he liked me. I began liking him as well. The next week, he asked me out. He literally got down on one knee. I rejected him. I regretted this as well, and still do to this day.

He continued to like me and I him. We texted everyday for 5-6 hours. Tim and I apologized to one another and became friends again. (Now, we're best friends. I tell him almost everything.) The school year ended. Over the summer, we texted less. He became worried about me and would ask my friends if I was OK. I was, and I would text him, assuring so. I lost feelings for him. He almost attempted suicide. When I found out about this, I felt sorry and liked him again. I kept saying I liked him and then friend zoning again. i was awful to do this. Now, I feel horrible. 

I didn't think of D at all. Not even once. I was more focused on having a fun summer.

That is, until the first day of seventh grade...