Prologue; Dret

Antei knew this had been coming, after all there were some things even he could not avoid.

People.

An irritated sigh escaped his thin lips as he pretended not to notice the man who came into his office, he only wished he did not notice.

"Xifra." a gruff voice commanded. He huffed and turned with a withering glare waiting to strike behind blue eyes.

"Ah, finally I have your ever so rare attention. How lucky of me." said the man, Antei never bothered learning anything about the man, he was blonde with matching blue eyes, just like Antei himself.

"What do you want?" came the clipped reply, Antei had enough. Would this man just spit it out?

"I'm here to collect your work." was the immediate response. Antei barely caught the annoyed groan at the news, nothing new.

Antei stood up from his wooden desk, the fair-sized office had a dull green carpet, white walls and a single desk. Nothing else, just how Antei liked it.

Antei gathered the stray papers in his strong-looking hands, he had strong fingers due to his constant working-state. He was a proud workaholic, as was every other citizen.

"Xifra, hurry." the impatient call of his title drew him back from scanning over the sheets which were filled to the brim with mathematic equations, they were all advanced, and the writing appeared to come from a computer. Not that they had need for computers much, they were all smarter than that, of course.

"Good."

Antei nodded, his work was always good.

"Keep working."

The best news he had heard all day.