A Day Greater than Any Other

• Dedicated to Those who don't care about tragedies in other countries that they might open the

Always Remembered, Never to be Forgotten: 

Please read all the way to the bottom. This is very important. 

Author's Note: 

Usually these things are at the end of the story, but this needs to be said. I was very young when 9/11 happened, but even so, I still felt the drastic changes the country went through because of this. I was inspired to write this a few days ago when my teacher in Speech class mentioned that our country was completely different. She went on to give us articles about news companies trying not to exploit the event, but still trying to create articles that would sell. We were instructed to write speeches on it. My speech will be included at the end of the story because I don't currently have it. My teacher is reviewing it for a grade.

Then, she said words that I hated. I was fuming by the time I left that class. She said, "Don't tell me or write that you don't care. If you don't care, come to me, and I'll give you something to write about." Anyone in that class could see that she was angry. So, I said, "Who said they don't care?" I was probably a little rude about it, too.

"Someone from the other class," she answered with a sigh. The bell rang, and we left. Two periods  later, I walked into my least favorite class, History/World Geography. This girl goes, "Leanne! Ms. O gave me back my paper. It's written all over because I wrote that I didn't care about the tragedy! It happened ten years ago! Get over it!" I was sitting one row over and three desks behind her. I wanted to stand up so bad and throttle her, but I refrained from doing so. I'm not that kind of person. 

 Now, keep in mind, I live in El Paso, Texas, and a lot of the students from my school, an all girls school, actually, have come across the International bridge from Juarez (the girl mentioned above being one of them). I know there are a lot of people on here are not from the United States, but I just wanted to say that even if a tragedy has not happened in your country, it does not make it any less wrong, nor does it give you the right to say that you don't care. If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all. Many lives were lost in 9/11, a friend of my father's being one of them. I take comments like that very personally, and I nearly cried when the girl said what she did. I care about the wars in Mexico. I care about the rebellions in Libya. I care about the earthquakes in Japan. I care about the riots in England. I care about hunger in Africa. I have never lived there, nor am I from there. But I care. 

If you have lost someone in 9/11, I am here to talk to. Please, feel free to message me. 

Thank you all, 

Sydnie.