suprise homecoming ch4

FRIDAY - (navy)

Danny had no clue why, but he was happier than usual. It must've been the fact that it was the end of the work week and today was casual Friday for staff, so they got to wear jeans; but only if they showed their school spirit and supported their home team, The Radford tiger Sharks.

Which Danny had no problem with since the school colors were gray and turquoise.

The students in his first period were already in their seats when the bell rung.

"All of you turn to yesterdays work?" He asked, gesturing around the room.

A few of them nodded in response.

"As you probably remember, we have yet another assembly during seventh period so that means hardly and work and no after school task, and all of you get to sit quietly and do your own thing after school."

Sometime during second period Principal kalani wong got a call from Commander McGarrett.

The call went directly through to his office, because no one else knew he was planning on coming home early.

"Commander, I assume you just landed?" He asked.

"Yeah, we, touched down about fifteen minutes ago." Steve explained.

"That's good," Kalani chuckled. "How do you feel about being home commander?"

Steve laughed and couldn't help but smile. "It's great to be back on American soil, Sir." The line was quiet for a moment and Kalani could hear a bunch of background noise from Steve's end. "What time should I be at the high school?"

"Seventh period starts at 12:52, but I won't start dismissing them until you're inside my office." Kalani explained.

"Okay, is Danny's classroom still in A Hall?" Steve asked.

"Yes it is." Kalani confirmed.

"Alright," Steve breathed into the phone. "I will see you soon." He was just about to hang up when he remembered something. "Oh!" He blurted out. "What about Grace and charlie? Can you by chance call the main office and let them know I'm coming in to surprise them?" He asked.

"Of course, Commander. I'll see you in a little while." He said before hanging up the phone.

Around lunch time Principal kalanu wing got ahold of Mr. Harrison over at the middle school.

"Thank you for calling radford Middle School, this is Mrs. Gleason, how may I direct your call?" A female voice came from over the line.

"Good afternoon, Amy. It's Kalani wong, over at the high school, do you know if Ashton's in his office? I'd like to speak with him directly, it's important."

"Of course!" She exclaimed happily. "He's just finishing up his lunch. One moment, please."

Kalani sat there for a moment listening to the call waiting music. It cut off just seconds later.

"Kalani, what can I do for you on this fine Friday, Sir?" Ashton asked politely.

"There's a sixth grader and a first grader by the name of Grace and charlie Williams, do me a solid and see what their eighth period class is, will you?" Kalani asked.

"Of course," he said. He logged into his computer and pulled up the schedules of all the sixth and second graders and scrolled down until he found Williams, Grace and williams, charlie. "Alright," he hummed, eyes scanning through their schedules. "They both will be in the hall for a whole school assembly." He stated.

"Okay, could you tell me the time the whole school assembly will be starting?and then coukd you give me the deputy principal extension please" Kalani asked. He reached across his desk for a pen and a Post-It getting ready to write as soon as Ashton spoke.