The Switch

Layla's POV

I woke up at 10, took a shower and got dressed in a blue t-shirt that says, I'll rise but I refuse to shine. Blue converse and black jeans. I was also wearing a leather jacket that had a picture of Damon on it. After I ate and drank some blood, the doorbell rang. I walked up and opened the door to find.........Damon!! "Hey Damon. Bout time you got here." He smirked and said,"Are you going to let me in?" I used my super hearing to see if Elijah was here. He wasn't. "Sure come on in. Hey do you know where Elijah is?" I asked concerned. He nodded and said,"Yeah he is talking to Elena, why?" "Just wondering and is Kathrina here in Mystic Falls." He started to shake his head no."Don't you dare lie to me, Damon Salvatore." He sighed and said,"Yes, but she's in the tomb." I nodded. "So what do you want to do?" Damon asked. I smiled evilly."I know exactly what we can do." I told him. "Like what?" I ran to my stereo and turned it on. I turned on Smile by Avril Lavigne. I danced around Damon while I sang the song. By the middle of it I had Damon dancing with me. When the song stopped we stared into each others eyes. He started to lean forward but before he could kiss me I grabbed his nose and said,"I'm not that easy, Damon. If you want me then try harder."

Damon's Pov

I was staring into Layla's beautiful purple eyes. I couldn't help myself, I leaned forward, expecting her to kiss me back. So I was surprised when she grabbed my nose and said,"I'm not that easy to get Damon, you are really going to have to try." I pulled back reluctantly, I really liked her and she didn't like me back. I shook myself and said,"It won't happen again, it was just the moment." 'Don't be like that Damon. I like you, you like me but you have to earn me not just expect that I'll kiss you and love you." I sighed, I knew she was right but I wanted to kiss her now. "So what song is next?" I asked. She shrugged and turned back to her IPod. She was so beautiful, funny, and sweet. She is almost never mad. Even when I had tackled her to the ground, yesterday, she didn't get mad. She actually teased me about it. "How about Kerosene by Miranda Lambert? It's one of my favorite songs." Lay said. Her beautiful voice broke my line thought. "Uhm sure whatever you want." She giggled and smiled. "Anything?" She asked me with an evil grin. "Yep anything." I instantly regreted saying those words. "Good, now lets dance one more time. Then I have a surprise for you." I was a little scared of the surprise but there was nothing I could do. After the song was over she grabbed her phone and called someone. I heard her end of the call.

"Hey babe!" She sounded excited. "Yeah come now." She was nodding now. "I need to make the switch." There was a pause. "He's here Jake!! Have Sara bring the switch then she'll go back and get you guys. Okay?" There was another short pause. "Great! See you soon baby!" Then she hung up. I walked in and said," When were you going to tell me you have a boyfriend?" I said it so coldly that her hair turned blue, she was very sad. "I don't have a boyfriend Damon, Jake is like a brother to me. And right now I need him and the others." "I'm guessing he's a witch and so are the others." She nodded. "So why do you need them? And this Sara girl?" "Sara is a vampire, she carries my cargo you could say. And I need them because I need to do the switch." "What the hell is this switch!?" I was getting frustrated. "Well Klaus isn't the only one who can go into a different body. Since Klaus is here he'll reconize me. And I've always had a back-up body. I usually don't use her but if I'm going to watch Elena at school, I'm going to take every precaution I can." I was completely shocked. "What does she look like?" I asked. It was the first thing that I could think of.