Chapter 4: Party Part 2

I am really sorry that it is short but I'm really busy nowadays so please enjoy also if you read this vote if you like it XD and comment please!

I watched as Rosemary dashed out of the carriage, her pin straight brown hair swaying in the wind after her. I sigh wanting nothing more than to lie upon my bed, and indulge myself in the pleasure of reading, being able to escape reality. I look up and see Edwin staring at me intently, then he gets out and walks away shaking his head, I wonder what’s with him.

I enter the Ballroom, which had a huge crystal chandler in the middle of the room, maple hard wood flooring that brightened up the place. Enormous windows that covered an entire wall, tan walls with gold ascents all over. There was an orchestra off to the far left playing some kind of classical music. People were waltzing in the center of the room, quite gracefully.

I look around trying to find a familiar face, and find Sebastian. He had strawberry blond hair which reached half way down his neck, the most beautiful hazel eyes that I’ve ever layered my eyes on, plump lips and had a completion that was white as snow. His suit was simple and black.

He spots me and walks over, grabs my hand and says." Hello love, it’s been a while has it not?" Sebastian says seductively, and then kisses my hand.

I nod my head in response, as a wide smile spreads across my face. Sebastian is the love of my life, the one I want.

"Come" he says “Let us dance." he hauls me to where everybody was dancing and starts twirling me around and around. I feel like a princess. My prince is here and everything will be all right. The music was enchanting, and the smell of Sebastian was intoxicating.

The song ended, and Sebastian left my side to go to the restroom. I walk in a daze, off the dance floor and sit upon a chair in a dark corner. My eyelids began to droop; a lazy smile spreads across my face as I pray that my happiness will last forever.

                                              ***********************************************

Rosemary POV

The strong smell of cigars and ale, hit me as I stepped into the poker room. Some men give me strange looks as I make my way towards the back. Usually in the poker rooms, the hard core people are in the back, or that is what I think. At one table I see the people I play with frequently play with. I grab a chair and sit next to Ronald.

“Hello, fair maiden, to what do we owe this pleasure of your company?" he says looking into my eyes with full sincerity.

"Cut the crap" I say as I smack my hand on the table." Someone deals the cards already" I yell impatiently.

Ronald deals, then my boys and I began to play an intense poker match. 20 minutes pass and I’ve won 2 out of 4 games. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

“What?" I say without turning around to see who it was, feeling very annoyed. 

"How many times must I tell you not to gamble?" ugggh, its Edwin, I realize as he grabs a chair and sits next to me.

" I don't know" I began " I really don't think that you have the right to tell me  what's right and wrong because clearly, someone just does not understand that, it is bad to tempt a maiden when she is in a relationship with another man also if the maiden is"

“I get it. I get it" he cuts me off

"Rosemary it is your turn" Ronald said impatiently

I look at my hand, a smirk, slowly spreads across my face

"Pass" I say as I use my cards as a fan. I turn my attention back to Edwin “Please state your reason for coming to see me”, my eyes begin to narrow at him

“Can’t I not come and see how my younger sister is doing?" his big blue eyes full of innocence

"Sure" I respond turning my back to him, and getting into the game

“Ok ok! What can you do about Sebastian" he inquired. Now this peaked my interest 

"Why do I need to do anything to him?" I asked him " You have a hidden motive, what is it?" I accused him, even though I know the answer. 

“E......El" he stuttered

"Ok I get it" I say as I get up," I'll take care of it, only because I might benefit from it, and remember you will be in my debt"

He nods. I get up from my seat.

“Hey Rosemary, where you heading?" one of my playing buddies asked.

“Oh I’ve got to celebrate with my sister, after all it is her birthday" I say plastering a loving smile on my face. “Oh and Royal Flush" I say as throw my cards on the table, their expressions was one of the funniest things I have seen. Before existing the Poker Room I yelled “Edwin please collect my winnings for me". I giggle, to myself. Secret Number 2, I thought to myself as I placed my hand on the scar on my forehead.