akiteru tsukishima

kalokagathia
(noun) the good and beautiful in a person

~~♡~~

Akiteru wakes up once again from his nightmare that has been haunting him for ages. He couldn't get over the fact that he lied to his precious little brother, all he wanted to was to be a hero in his eyes but he ended being a stranger in his life. He wipes his tears away and called the person who would definitely answer his call at dawn.

"Hello?"  (First Name) answers the phone call coming from their bestfriend. They knew what was going through his mind at this hour but still they decided to listen.

"Hi (First Name), it's me. Yeah, sorry for waking you up this early." He apologized and was grateful at the fact they answered his call.

"You didn't woke me up, I was working on a project so what's up? Did you have that nightmare again or is it something different this time?"  (First Name) asks as they finish the final details of their project so they can fully give their attention to what he needs to say.

"It's the same one as before."

"I see, go on."

"The same thing happens; I see my brother, I try to run towards him to apologize but when he says those words. I ended up falling in a hole that never ends." Akiteru explains.

"Have you ever tried to apologize to him?" They suggest for the nth time.

"No, I'm too afraid that he will give me the same cold look I recieve everytime he looks at my way." He confesses his fear when encountering his brother.

"Look, I love you but you have to try this time. I know you are not a bad person, you're only a human being and human beings make mistakes. I know you are a good person and those thoughts aren't real. How sure are you that they will come true?" They ask him, firmly.

Akiteru thinks and replies "A hundred percent."

"I'm pretty sure that it's not a hundred percent. You can't continue to hide away from each other, both of you will eventually deal with this sooner or later. I want you to try this time, please."

"...okay, I'll try this time. I'll try not to runaway anymore." Akiteru promises to them.

"Good and you have to tell me every single detail after you deal with your brother problem, alright?"

"Okay, thanks for listening to me and have a nice dream."

"You too, Akiteru."

~~♡~~

-

--
I'm trying to keep things gender neutral here but I'm not sure if I am doing it right, hahahaha