I.

"Enough!" A booming voice roared, bouncing off the walls of the small training room. The young Padawan quickly ceased her movements, turning her head to see the neutral expression her master had etched on her pale face. Layna pursed her lips, deactivating her purple lightsaber and bowed her head as her master made her way towards her.

Sola Drenall narrowed her eyes at the eight year old girl, her light green eyes piercing through the small girl's head. Layna lowered her head even more, furrowing her eyebrows as she waited for her master's displeased comment about how sloppy or how reckless she was being. But instead of the lecture she thought she was going to receive, she heard one thing she didn't think she'd hear from her master's lips today. "You are improving, my Padawan. Good work."

The brunette girl raised her head, her dark brown eyes twinkling as a rush of happiness and a sense of achievement washed over her. Layna has been training extremely hard under the Jedi Master Sola Drenall ever since she was chosen by the platinum haired woman almost two years ago, after she passed the Initiate Trials. Although she only began her training six months prior to the trial, she showed natural talent with the training lightsaber and control of the Force, as she was a prodigy and she possessed her mother's natural talent with the Force.

She could still remember the way Master Sola sized her up, her light green eyes scanning her up and down to see if the girl was fit to be called her Padawan. Despite being reluctant to choose her at first, Master Sola felt that the girl could become a very powerful Jedi, one that might even surpass her if trained properly. And so, Master Sola decided to take Layna under her wing, and the young girl always did her very best when it came to training.

"Thank you, Master. It was all thanks to your training," the young girl smiled, a tiny dimple appearing on her left cheek as she looked up at the pale young woman. A chuckle escaped Sola's lips, and she raised her head, eyes narrowing once more as she felt two presences she hasn't felt in quite a while. The platinum haired woman turned to the small girl, who had a knowing look on her face, as she also sensed the presences of the newcomers. "C-can I take my leave now, Master?"

Sola waved her hand dismissively, the corner of her pink lips tugging upwards. "Of course. Now go, you wouldn't want to miss those two before they leave again," Layna nodded, bowing to her master once more before scurrying outside to meet the two men who brought her in the world of the Jedi.

"Strong, young Hale has become." Master Sola heard the voice of the Jedi Grand Master from behind her, and she turned to face the oldest member of the Jedi Council with a small smile. "She definitely has, Master Yoda. She really is so much like her mother, she could control the Force just as well as she could at a young age."

Sola opened her mouth ever so slightly, memories of her Padawan's mother invading her mind. "Even stronger than her mother, you feel she is, hm?" The wise old Jedi asked, nodding his head at the door which the young Padawan used to leave.

"I don't just feel that she is, Master. I know she is."

+

The young girl raced to the Jedi Council Chamber, her heart thumping wildly in her chest as she made her way towards the two men who brought her into this life. The truth was that Layna hasn't seen Qui-Gon nor Obi-Wan since the day she was assigned to be Master Sola's Padawan.

She considered these two people very important, as they were the two who found her in the streets of Corellia, revealing her true identity as well as her mother's, then brought into the world of the Jedi. Layna always thought that it was thanks to Obi and Qui-Gon that she could train to become a Jedi, because in a way, these two saved her from a life that she did not want to live.