Chapter 5- storms and nightmares

Rose ~

After a 10-minute walk, Richard and I arrive at the front of the club, and with no man in sight he sets me down to the ground and I limply walk inside looking around for any familiar faces

After a 10-minute walk, Richard and I arrive at the front of the club, and with no man in sight he sets me down to the ground and I limply walk inside looking around for any familiar faces. Richard links our hands together and we make our way through the sweating bodies.

We come across Joshua who is sitting down in front of the bar chatting with a beautiful girl. Richard whispers something in his ear and he nods giving me a side glance and I smile at him. He looks at me quizzy and I just chuckle and do a sign of "talk to you later" he was one of the guys I trusted the most of the group. Joshua and I have clicked since we met in literature class and we have many things in common. I thought he was like all the last episode boys but he turned out to be different and once we started talking about books and poets we immediately clicked and now we are very close. He knows everything that happened with Richard and my fondness for him and advises me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Richard guides me to the exit and I grab my phone and write Danielle a quick text:

Just letting you know I'm leaving with Richard, be safe xx

"Where are we going?" I ask

"We are going to my crib, I know you must be tired and I need to check your nose and ankle," he says as he opens the door of his car. We get in and Richard drives of humming to the music playing lightly in the background.

We ride through the busy city and after 20 minutes of driving in comfortable silence as we listened to "With You by Chris Brown" we arrive. He opens the door for me and helps me out of the car. He scoops me up bridal style and walks me to his front door and fiddling with his keys he manages to open the door. He sets me down on the couch and turns on the lights leaving me alone in the living room. I don't question his kindness and try to enjoy it the best I can before I know something happens and he goes back to ignoring my existence. 

While he was busy doing whatever he's doing I took my time and looked at my surroundings. His living room was beautiful. His walls were painted black and white. He had a flat-screen tv on the wall, and in the bottom had a glass cabinet which had 2 floors, the top part had a mac laptop and a tv controller and the bottom was equipped with a really expensive-looking radio and next to it an apple tv. They were two couches, the little one on the side who had a white blanket on top of it and the larger one which was where I was seated. In front of the couch was a coffee glass table that had a beautiful small plant and next to it a journal whose front cover was a musical note and the words "Songs" boldly printed in neat handwriting. On the bottom of the glass table, there was a black carpet. They were 3 paintings on the three walls complementing and completing the living room.

A few feet away there was a staircase to the top floor and next to that was the kitchen. The kitchen had a marble table with chairs in the left corner and next to that was the fridge. They were wood cabinets all around. Next to the fridge, there was a big marble counter with a double sink. Then there was the stove and a few decorative chefs and a plant for the other side of the counter. Next to that was a door which I assumed was where Richard was.