Chap 6

"It's not like what you think, Mom..," I said as I see my mom and Josh mother coming toward us. I turned my head to see Josh reaction, maybe he embarrassed just the way I am. But he's not..he grinned so wide and there are a proud expression in his face. Damn him!

"It is ok, honey..," my mom said as she pulls her luggage upstairs. I am so surprised that my mom doesn't mind it. I am not saying that my mom is a traditionalist mother, of course not..she's a modern women with a successful career. But still, my mom always advised me about boys, as if she afraid I will be hurt likes herself. But now, she doesn't mind and that's a weird.

I kept wondering as I followed my mom upstairs. After greeting Auntie Michelle, Josh mom, I followed my mom to my room. Auntie Michelle will stay in Josh room tonight and he will sleep in the couch while my mom will sleep with me.

" I'm sorry, honey. I'm late for your birthday. This is for you,"

"Thanks mom, I know you are busy..this is really nice," I said as I match the yellow dress to my body. It looks contrast with my tanned skin but it still look good on me. It also comes with a gorgeous high heel and a glittering clutch.

Wow, my mother really got a high taste! I gave her a big hug..showing that I appreciated the present and how I missed her so much. Even though my dad didn't give me any gift yet, he did wish me on my birthday. He said that he will be here soon. I can't wait to see him. I missed him so much..i don't even care about the gift, he's here already a big gift for me.

"I only stay here for one night, I hope you don't mind. But soon,I will have a long holiday and we will spent time together, okay honey?," said my mom.

I nodded and agreed to spend all my holiday before I go to college. If my mom allow, I want to invite Josh together. Ah..Josh, am I start falling for him?

"Do you like Josh? Is he nice to you?,"

"Mmm...he's nice..mom..you know.. but I don't know about guys,"

"Maybe you should..maybe this is the time. Do you like him?,"

"No! Yes! Argh.. I don't know. I thought we agree that no boys before college,"

"Yeah..but you are going to college soon,"

"Yes, Nicole and I decided to go to the same college. It's perfect!," I say with a giggle. I never wanted to be apart from Nicole. She's the best friend ever. Although I do a lot of things alone but I she's always with me when I need her. Yes, even she has Brian she never forget me. They are such a great friends.

"That's nice. As long as you happy, I won't complaint it. Even though I am a bit disappointed that you live alone here and not with me...,"

"Hush..mom..we already discuss this. I am okay, perfectly fine. You should be too. I don't want to see you hurt for the second time if dad insists me to stay with him. This is the better way," I squeezed my mom hand as if I'm trying to give her courage. My mom is just like me, we have a tough nutshell but you don't know how soft it is inside.

"Baby, I know you see how suffer I am when we are divorce. Yeah..its hurt. But not all love hurts, I mean even its hurt, it's a reality. It is a thing that we must face to become a better person. Don't be paranoid, okay? Don't let it stop you from loving and being love by somebody. No it won't kill you, it only make you stronger,"

"Oh,mom..," I sais as I hug my mom tightly. How I missed her and my dad so much. It just so weird and so painful to wake up and realize they are not together again and to be honest, I still feel the pain.

A streak of pain deep inside this heart, to realize that we won't be able to sit and share a good meal together, to open the Christmas present together, to receive their kiss in the morning before I go to school and to have a good supportive hug from them whenever I have a hard time. I missed them so much!