chap 14

I was feeling a bit...hmmm...let say a bit energetic today? I tried to remember what made me like this, yes...my mom advice. It felt so good to have my mom back and my dad too. Yup, I have my family back. It was the greatest gift I ever had.

I felt revive even though I was mourning over Josh (not because his death but because his ignorance to me). That's the beauty of having a family, I can always feel the love in a difficult time.

I smiled over the memory of yesterday, wishing somebody would do something sweet like that to me. Quickly, I brushed my hair and pinned it into a simple bun at my nape. My hair parted in the middle and I gave it a little shake to make it messy a bit to complete the look. I don't want to end up look like Mrs. Mogan, my English teacher.

"Serena, aren't you done yet? Your breakfast is getting cold here," my mom yelled from the kitchen. I chuckled a bit, I really missed this memory, where your mom yelled at you because she's actually care for you.

Grabbing my messenger bag, I ran to the kitchen and said, "I'm done, I'm here,". On the journey to my kitchen, I almost knock down my father.

"Hey, be careful, sweetie," he said, holding me still to prevent me from fall on the ground. What can I say, I have a protective father.

"Sorry,Dad.," I apologized, kissing him on his cheek. He kissed me back on my forehead.

We both walked together to kitchen, I sat on the chair and quickly grabbed my buttermilk pancake. I really missed my mom cook. Chewing happily like a little kids who get a candy, I said," This is so delicious, mom,"

My mom smiled and poured milk in my glass and a coffee for my father. My dad who just finished wash his hands came straight at my mother and started kissing her. They are such a loving couple. I felt my self blush without a heartbeat. Maybe it's a very long time I spent my life without my parent beside me, so seeing their intimate action made me blush shyly. 

Well, it's not a weird thing, I have learned to blush since I met Josh. But blushing this time seem like wrong. Usually I blush with a crazy heartbeat. I missed to feel that heartbeat. Not just a heartbeat but a crazy heartbeat when Josh around me. Just by gazing into his beautiful chocolaty eyes made my heart thumping madly. I missed his touch which made me shiver, his smile which warmed my heart, his mouth which only say a beautiful word to me, his wet lips which feel so right against mine, his sweet tongue which skillfully exploring my mouth made me want to explode. I missed to feel all those sensation.

It hurt me to know what Josh had done to me. It hurt me more to know that I still madly in love with him after what he had done. 

How come I still miss a person who regards me just as a game to play, a challenge to win? How come I still miss a person who ignores me after what he had done, who didn't bother to apologize and explain everything?

That sounds too bad to be true. Josh is not like that. But that exactly what he had done to me. Exactly.

I glanced out my windows , will he come fetch me today? My heart screamed for him, asking a lot of question. Will he come fetch me today? Will you, Josh? Will you?

"Serena...Serena," I felt my mom shook my shoulder. I looked up at her. My mom and dad looked at me confusedly. Did I say that out loud? I smiled shyly.

"Come, I'll drive you to school," yes, like I have another choice. That's what we call mother instinct. She always knows what I think.

It was a silent journey to the school. I thought my mom has something in mind to talk to me but she just silent. 

Should I ask her? She's my mother.I should be able to share everything.

"You said it love's hurt. It did, mom...," I whispered.