chap 10

Soon, we reached Josh's house. Josh rented the house. It was quite beautiful, white in color in a decent size.

"Home sweet home," Josh muttered to me, I smiled back to him. 

We walked together into the house, holding hands. His held my hand firm and I am sure that we are sharing a same feeling even though he never say it.

The house is already fully furnished so there nothing to prepare for. We just need to clean it because it full with dust and it will be all right.

"Ready?," Josh asked me while he handed me a tool to do the task.

"Yes," I said. So we began to clean all the dust and rearrange the furniture to our taste and point of view. We even argue about where to put the couch and where to put the TV. By the end of the evening, everything was settled.

Josh took me by hand and led me to a room beside a master bedroom. It was a room where Josh cleaned while I cleaned kitchen. 

He opened the door and we walked inside. The room was very nice with minimal furniture. Simple and attractive. It was painted in purple. It's look like a girl's bedroom.

"This is your bedroom although I don't think it's necessary since my bedroom is big enough for us," he grinned and winked at me. 

"Really? This is very nice. Thank you," I said as I kissed him on both of his cheeks. 

He wrapped his strong arm around me and kissed my temple. I moaned and took him to lay in the soft bed with me.

I felt so comfortable, being in his arm and lying in the soft bed. So, I snuggled even more tightly to him, enjoying the feeling of security and safety in his arm. The feelings that I yearn for a long time since my parent divorced.

I want to stay like this forever, never want it to end. Never. I don't want to face those feeling again, lonely, insecure like there nobody who loves me. 

But yet, I still afraid what if he leave me like my parent did? I am not an independent girl anymore, I realized that.

"You know, I am not independent girl anymore. You care for me so much made me lack that quality,"

"You can always build that back, baby. You are independent,"

"But I don't think I will be able to live alone anymore,"

"It's karma. When you get something, God take something from you,"

"But you never lose it. You can always gain that back,

"Thanks," I looked up at him and he bent down to kiss me. It was a long, slow lazy kiss.

"Sleepy?," he asked me when I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

I nodded and I asked him to pull up his shirt. He raised his brow suspiciously and did as I said. I slowly took off my black cardigan from my shoulder, revealing my yellow sleeveless top.

I grinned widely as I help him to release his shirt. He flinched at my touch of his bare skin and winked at me. 

I laughed," Don't think dirty, Josh. I just need your warmth," 

I rested my head lazily at the crook of his neck. Breathing slowly, I started to fallen asleep but when I heard him saying something at my ear, I opened my heavy eyelids.

"Did you say something?,"

"No, I was humming to you,"

"Humming?,"

Yes, baby. My baby needs a lullaby to sleep.,"

I smiled, that so sweet. Nobody did that accept my parent. Yes, God take my parent from me but God give Josh in return. God is not cruel.