Chapter 1

~ Chapter 1 ~

After a while we made it to the parking lot in front of their house, Des already waiting on the front porch as my mum gets out, basically running into his arms. God, they act like they're 18 or something, ew. I roll my eyes at this sight, scrunching my nose up as I get out as well. I grab my stuff from the trunk before I make my way into the house, walking past my mum and Des who are exchanging hugs and kisses.

"Your room is on the first floor, the second door on the right." Des shouts, me turning around as I see him smiling friendly at me. I nod at him, returning a small smile as I make my way upstairs. I can hear my mum mumbling something like "She'll get used to this." Well, better not. 

I take in a deep breath as I'm upstairs, dragging my stuff along as I can barely see where I'm even going. Suddenly someone bumps into me, causing my huge pillow to fall down, followed by the box with my bathroom essentials. I groan in annoyance, looking up at the tall figure in front of me. Of course it has to be Harry. 

"S-sorry." He bends down, picking up my pillow and the little box, handing them to me. "Shall... shall I help you with your stuff?" He stutters, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"No. No, I'll manage." I reply bluntly, looking at him up and down. God, the way he tucks his button up shirt into his trousers. His large glasses and gelled hair... just like a nerd. A typical nerd.

"O-okay. Uhm, my room is next door. Just in case that... that you need help or something."

I nod at him, indicating him that I understood as he disappears in his room. Yea, as if I need help from this boy.

Eventually I make my way to my own room. It's rather huge, I must admit. I even have a small balcony and a huge king-sized bed which I really love. I walk over to my bed, setting my stuff on it as I start to unpack. That's before a knock on my door interrupts me.

"Yea?" I shout before the door opens, revealing Gemma.

"Hey." she smiles at me friendly as I look at her expectantly, returning the smile anyway. Her long, dark blonde hair is braided, her wearing just a jeans and a blouse . Didn't she have brown her the last time I saw her...? 

"Do you need any help?"

"Nah, I'm almost finished anyway. Thanks, though." 

"Okay, just ask me when you need help." Gemma offers before she disappears again. Ugh, I hope I'll at least have some privacy here. 

......

......

After unpacking my things and packing them away I pull off my sweatpants and jumper, changing into some tight jeans and a tanktop before I put on my converse. I just decided it would be a good idea to go out now, maybe going to a club or something so I can make new friends. I mean, I don't know anyone here in Cheshire. My mum won't notice me leaving anyway, she's watching some chick flick with Des downstairs. I take my purse and walk quietly out of my room, closing the door behind me carefully so it's not too loud. Just as I'm about to turn around, I notice someone standing across from me. Oh, come on!

"Where are y- you going?" Harry asks curiously in a whisper tone, me sighing.

"I'm just going out for a bit." I walk past him, carefully sneaking downstairs. 

"But it's past 7:30pm, we.. we wanna eat dinner soon and..." Harry follows me as I grab my jacket, ready to go. But of course my mum has to walk out of the living room right now. Just great.

"Where do you think you're going, Jamie?" My mum asks, crossing her arms in front of her chest as Des appears behind her, standing in the doorframe of the living room.

"I.. I already unpacked my things, I just wanna go out now and get to know some people here.." I say, looking at my mum innocently. 

"No way." She shakes her head 'no'. "I already told you that you're going to study before you go partying. Do you remember your last maths exam? You got an E." My mum gives me a lecture, me rolling my eyes. Does she have to mention that in front of Harry? I don't want him to think I'm a dumbfuck or something. I'm just not the best at maths.

"But mum!" 

"No, Jamie. That's my last word." 

"Wait, maybe Harry can help her a bit with studying? Harry's quite good at maths." Des suddenly suggests. You have to be fucking kidding me.

"Really? Would you do that, Harry?" My mum asks him, the enthusiasm written on her face. 

"Uhm I... sure... why not.." Harry mutters, again scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"That's great, isn't it Jamie?" My mum gives me "the look", indicating me that I better be nice to him now. No. No it ISN'T great for fucks sake!

"Yea..... thank you..." I mutter under my breath, looking anywhere but at Harry now.

"Maybe he can come with you the next days when you go out. In this way you get to know each other, too." I immediately look up.

Wait what?

No no no no no no no. Just NO.