Chapter 8

[A/N: Hey guys, I'm really sorry that I've been updating rather unregularly lately. To my defend- my computer was (actually still is) broken, but my brother's wife gave me her old laptop. It's old and not the best, but still better than no computer at all :D So I hope I can update more often now :) ]

~ Chapter 8 ~

"Back already?" Gemma asks as we enter the hall, her walking out of the kitchen holding a cup of tea.

"Yea uhm, Jamie isn't feeling well." Harry says, finding an excuse. I nod at her, rubbing my stomach in a convincing way. Why else would we be back this early after coming back from a party?

"Oh, do you need anything?" She smiles at me sympathetically.

"No, it's okay. I'm just gonna go to bed. It's not a big deal, thanks though." I reply and return a small smile. She nods at me in understandability.

"And? Do you like it here in Cheshire?"

"Yea... I guess. I've still got to get used to living here but it's okay actually." 

"I'm glad. Maybe we can go shopping soon? I can show you a few places. Only if you want to, of course." Gemma suggests. I would really like to get to know her actually. I know we all didn't have the best start, especially because I've shut everyone out. But my mum and I moved in with them now, I have to give them a chance and I've already learned that Harry isn't as bad as I thought he would be.

"Yes. Yea why not?" I give her a genuine smile before she walks into her room, me and Harry heading upstairs too.

"Goodnight Jamie." Harry stops right in front of my room in the hall, being just inches away from me.

"Night." I say and he teases me, looking down at me since he's a bit taller than me. I smile and get on my tiptoes, placing a gentle kiss on his lips before I go to bed eventually.

******** A few days later ********

The last couple of days went by rather quickly. I talked to my best friends Annie and Julia on skype and told them about my impressions of Holmes Chapel, of everything here. What I said to Gemma was the truth, it really isn't that bad. I sure as hell miss my old friends. A lot. I hate the feeling of not knowing many people here, or places, or just anything. In my hometown, Leeds, I truly felt at home. Like I could just go outside when I was bored, hanging out with my friends there. A good thing is that I already got to know a few people here. Louis, Niall and the others seemed to be really nice. The girls too. I should text Niall soon, asking if we all can hang out tomorrow or something.

Today I promised Gemma to go shopping with her, and I'm keeping my promise. Maybe spending a little bit of time with her isn't such a bad idea. And this way I can at least escape my mum and Des being all lovey-dovey. It sickens me almost.

"How was your life in... Leeds? You are from Leeds, right?"  Gemma asks me as we walk through the mall. I nod at her, silently telling her that I am from Leeds.

"It was really cool there. I had all my friends there, you know? I loved it there." Gemma gives me a sympathetic smile, because she knows that I had to leave my friends in Leeds. 

"It must've been hard for you to just change everything so suddenly." I nod at her. "I don't know what I would have done in your situation.. "

"Well, I didn't have much of a choice. I couldn't afford an own apartment so I was forced to move here." I explain. Otherwise I would have probably stayed in Leeds, where all my friends live. Where I was unconditionally happy.