Race of the heart

When we walked in the double doors the aroma of chlorine, bleach, and the faint smell of sunscreen filled the air; It was very familiar.

Me and the girls went to Change into our team suits in the locker room as did the boys.

We met the coach who gave us our warm up sets (a warm up set is a set of strokes to swim Before a race to get the body ready to race).

50 IM (all the strokes once each)
100 breast /back stroke
50 fly / freestyle

The guys were sitting outside under the teams tent.
I go to tae's car to get the water he bought at the gas station.
He was pulling out his chair for the tent out of the back.

"Oh man I forgot to bring a chair..." I said sadly

"This is yours." He told me

"But it's yours"
he smiled

"We can share like we usually do":)

I sit on the back of his bumper drinking my water.
He sits next to me

" i love this atmosphere" he says

" me too"I reply

We sit there for a while. Occasionally glancing at one another.
I lay back on the towels he had laid down. I shut my eyes and grin while stretching...

My shirt reveals my bathing suit.
He touched my stomach.

I Cringe saying ," what you doing?"

He says," your suit feels different from mine?"

" duh, I don't wear a speedo" laughing

he lays down next to me saying ," I think I'm gonna be slow today.."

"You know we are racing each other in the 500 freestyle (5 laps ) right? "

He gasps while hovering over me. Running his hands threw my hair... " I can't let you win..." He says

" well I beat you last time anyway haha." I say

" ok if I win you go on a date with me."

He said "um.... Ok... We'll do that but if I win you stop asking me out."

"Deal" we both said.

-walking into the arena-

I grab tae's arm and pull him in the warm up pool to warm up before the relay.

As I jump in I pencil dive in so I sink to the very bottom to get a better view ... Amazing I thought...

As I rose to the surface the cold water hugs my skin as I cling to the side

"50 IM first?"

"Yea"

I push off and start my butterfly (my best thing) and flip at the other end of the pool then doing back stroke etc.....
When I finished still waiting on Taehyung I dove under waving at him as he swam to finish.

"Ready?"

"Read:)"

We race through out the day and the last one was up.
My body felt hot and tired.

As they called us the get ready,
I got on the block (the starting area) and the whistle blew I jumped as fast and long as I could gliding as if it was jello... As I reach the wall I flip and push off gasping for one last breath before I take off to finish I look to my left and see him.

You can only truly tell when a swimmer is going full out under water

You can only truly tell when a swimmer is going full out under water... The way you glide and fly in the water shows your passion.
His movements were light and heavy at the same time ... It was a sight I have never seen.

We were neck' neck.

I felt everything in me fell like it was being crushed from not breathing , I paid it no mind. Which was a mistake.

As soon as I touched the wall my legs gave in and I started to sink. In my mind I thought move move move you'll die

 In my mind I thought move move move you'll die

I felt so tired no air no movement my eyes shut. A void of blank feeling. To be on unconscious.

<Taehyung prov>
When I touched the wall I look at the board, I lost. Slapping the water I see a black silhouette. I look to my side . . .

"oh my god no-..."

I dove as fast as I could not even taking a breath, I could feel tears even under the water form.
I grabbed a/z 's waist. pushing as hard as I could against the pool ground reaching the top I push her body on the deck.
Lifting myself I feel her chest to feel her pulse .... It was so slow. I open her mouth, clamp her nose and breath long and fast breaths. Then push on her upper body.
Tears rolling down my cheeks screaming no and why. . . Repeating the process she jump and arched her back turning to the side then gagged the water and food from earlier up.
Her eyes were nearly shut.

~My prov~
I felt a beat in my head. I squeezed my eyes shut as I puked up water and a little food. I couldn't see anything.

I heard a buzzing noise and chattering. I felt someone pick me up, as I slowly drifted off to having an anxiety attach.

----\\\----\\\----\\\----\\\----\\\----\\
End next chap->