Chapter 6: Please, Wake up

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END THIS CHAPTER, THIS WHOLE STORY DEPENDS ON IT!!! PLEASEEE!! :) Xxx

===============================================================================

Niall's POV (CHAPTER 4):

It took just 10 minutes to get her ready. She was already laid down in the backseat of my car, where two years ago she once laid as I took her to the hospital...and her medicines are in the trunk that she will be given everyday by me, and the hope still lives in my heart that she wake up. As I took one last look at the hospital before I sat down in the drivers seat the doctor yelled, " Thirty Days Horan!!". I nodded. I  hope she wakes up soon. These thirty days are gonna be crucial, each day counts. 

=================================================================================

Niall's POV: (Day 13)

I sat down on the chair next to Melanie's bed...well my bed that now is Melanie's...I held her small left hand in my left hand and with my right hand I stroked the top of her head gently. "Please Mel, you need to wake up. I need you..". Tears started forming in my eyes, I rested my head in the side of her bed and cried for hours.  Her hand suddenly squeezed my hand lightly. "Melanie?, babe can you hear me? please wake up please.." I begged. Minutes passed and once again all my hopes of Mel waking up started draining once more... 

*DING DONG* 

I hesitated and carefully  removed my hand from Melanie's and wiped the wet tears in my cheeks. I moved to the door in Mel's room and looked back at her small body resting in the white sheets in the bed. I turned around and started walking downstairs, the person started knocking the door really loud as I reached the last step. " I'm coming! " I yelled. I made my way to the door and opened it, and there they stood the two nurses that come everyday. What a surprise...naaattt.

The older nurse started talking "Good afternoon Mr. Horan, we are here to give Mrs. Horan her med- "

"Yes, I know what you are here for... you have been coming to my house for everyday for 13 days." I snapped, " And she is not my wife..." I said, "not yet anyways.... " I mumbled that last part.

  "I'm terribly sorry Mr. Horan, what should we call the patient?" the young nurse in her 30's asked me in her British accent.

"Just call her Miss. Melanie or Melanie.." I said.

" Alright if that what you wish, now if you'll excuse us Mr. Horan we'll be on our way to check up on Miss. Melanie and give her, her medicines." the older nurse in her 50's said impatiently.

I watched as the two nurses did their job, which was to check her pulse, temperature, and give her Melanie a shot to make her strong.

=============================================================================

Niall's POV:

Today is the 29th day I have taken Mel home... I have no hope... I have prayed to God each day so my Melanie can wake up, and yet she hasn't. It has become a daily routine to go to Melanie's room and cry. I have become so depressed that I have lost 15 pounds. If it wasn't because of the nurses making me eat everyday I would have not eaten anything.

The day goes by slow like every other day.. I get up, take a shower, put on clothes, go to Melanie's room sit next to her, cry for hours, pray for hours until I hear the door bell ring again. Wait until the nurses are done taking care of Mel and then they make me eat something or order Nando's, and then they leave. Once in a while my older brother Greg will call me and my mum too. Then I will get up, and go to my room and sleep, that is if I haven't fallen asleep in the chair next to Melanie's bed  while holding her hand.