II

ii

I hear a few hushed gasps, and see many wide eyes. Do I look bad? My face heats, my cheeks flushing. I feel my palms start to feel sweaty.

"You're fine," comforts my sister from beside me, obviously sensing my anxious spirits. "Take a deep breath, Agara." I obey, breathing in slowly. I instantly feel my face cooling, and my heart return to a normal pace. She gives my arm a small tug and we walk down the stairs, arm in arm, down to the main floor.

Everyone looks at me with their eyes wide. Once we reach the bottom of the steps, Thalia gives me a small pat on the back and lets my arm go. She makes her way into the crowd of pack members eagerly waiting to begin the ceremony. Alpha stands tall in front of me, dressed in a tailored suit.

I can't remember what to do now, even though Thalia had gone over it with me several times before. My mind goes blank, and I don't think. My palms get sweaty, and shake slightly. I search the crowd for my sister, though I can't seem to find her. My mind races, my heart beat quickening. My head spins as my breath hitches in my throat. I close my eyes, remembering my sister's calm words.

Breathe, Aggie, breathe, I hear her words through our mind link. I open my eyes, seeing her in the crowd, directly in front of me. I inhale, exhaling slowly. I repeat this several times before I finally turn to my Alpha, remembering the actions that Thalia had taught me.

I bow my head slightly, adding a small curtsy. I look up a bit, seeing my sister smiling like the Cheshire cat. Alpha nods his head in a barely noticeable notion, reaching his hand out towards me. I raise my head once again, taking his hand. The crowd parts, making a path for us. He leads me, by the hand, outside.

The clearing behind the pack house is where we perform all of our pack gatherings and celebrations. It is also used for training. Today, flowers are planted across the opening. There is a circle of flowers formed in the middle, and Alpha leads me towards it.

Thalia had instructed me earlier this morning about the circle of flowers. She told me that I would have to stand inside it while the rest of the pack will gather around me. As I stand in the middle of the circle, my Pack does what expected. I take a deep breath, and slowly slide of my gown. I've always felt vulnerable while showing my bare skin, but this feels right. They are my Pack, they are my family. The dress hits the floor and I step out of it. I hand it to my Alpha. Everyone's eyes are open, yet they stay level with only my face, nothing lower. It makes me feel at ease, to some degree.

Alpha stands in front of me, and raises his arms to his shoulder height. He closes his eyes, lifting his head up to the sky. He breathes in deeply, holding it for a moment before exhaling.

"All," he announces, "Pour your power onto our child, so she may fully accept he shift." Everyone closes their eyes, and I feel a pounding in my head almost instantly. "Feel the bond, use it to strengthen yourself." My head throbs painfully within seconds, and the feeling somehow spreads over my whole body, from my shoulder to my fingers, and my torso and all the way down my legs. I fall to the ground, feeling like electricity is pulsing through my veins. insides feel like they're on fire, and I scream. Nobody helps me. They keep their eyes closed. I look up to my sister, seeing her bite her lip.

"Help me! Agh!" I cry, falling onto my side and covering my face. "No, no, it's too much. Please!" My stomach twists, like I'm about to vomit, but nothing comes. I close my eyes tightly, trying to over come the pain. Then, suddenly, it stops. I breathe hard, trying to calm myself. Is that all? Has it come to an end? I slowly open my eyes, finding myself alone in the dark.