Chapter Twenty-Two

“I’m tired of being pregnant,” Sam sighed. 

Rachael laughed, “I feel you. Just a few more months.”

“I hope they go fast.” Sam shifted on the couch. 

“Do you guys want to do anything today?” Marie looked up from her phone. 

Rachael looked at Sam, “We could go to the movies, we haven’t done that in a while.”

“I like that idea,” Marie pulled up the movie times on her phone. 

A few hours later when the girl came out of the movies Rachael’s phone started to ring. She pulled her phone out and sighed. Sam stopped and took it from her hands, then hit cancel. 

“You still have his number?” Sam handed the phone back to Rachael.

“I just never went through my contacts to delete it. I honestly didn’t think of it.” Rachael answered Cody’s text. 

“Who are we talking about?” Marie asked.

Sam looked at Rachael, “Her ex boyfriend, Andrew.”

“He’s a stalker..” Rachael added.

“Oh.” was all Marie said, as Sam started to drive away. 

When they got back to the house Rachael went up to her room and got into bed. Sam walked in a few minutes later and sat next to her. They stayed like that in silence for a while. Sam knew Rachael was upset about Andrew calling her. After a while Sam could tell Rachael had fallen asleep and got up to go to her own room. When she got downstairs Marie walked out of the living room.

“Is she okay?” she asked.

Sam shook her head, “Yeah, she’s asleep now. I knew she was upset but we didn’t talk. I just sat with her incase she needed me.”

“Oh, well good.” Marie walked back into the living room and sat down.

Sam walked to her room while texting Austin. She let him know Rachael was asleep so he could tell Cody, so he didn’t freak out when she didn’t answer him, if he sent her a text. 

When the guys got home Cody ran up the stairs to the room. Rachael was sitting up, watching TV. He crawled in on his side and got next to her, putting his arm around her shoulders. Rachael turned and kissed him. He felt wetness against his face as she pressed hers against his. 

“Baby, are you crying?” he put his hands on both side of her face. 

Rachael took a breath, “Yeah, I was.” 

Cody wiped her tears, “What’s wrong? Sad commercial? Or part in a movie?” 

“No.. Andrew called me today.” she looked away. 

“Did you answer?” Cody pulled her face back. 

Rachael shook her head, “No, but it made all the anger come back.” 

“Can I see your phone?” Rachael reached over and handed it to him. He opened her contacts and deleted his contact. “There, all gone.” 

“Thank you babe, I love you.” Rachael wrapped her arms around him and kissed him. 

“I love you too.” Cody kissed her back, harder. 

Rachael’s mom called that dinner was done. All the guys went running for the kitchen. Sam and Marie walked in after them. When Sam noticed Rachael hadn’t come down to the kitchen she pulled Cody aside.

“Is Rachael okay?” she asked him.

“Yeah, she’s fine… just taking a shower.” Cody smiled. 

Sam understood his smile and smiled back, then went back to getting food. Cody made two plates and headed back up to the room. Rachael was walking out of the closet as he entered the room. She smiled and sat down next to him. Cody put a movie on the TV and they ate their dinner. 

The next morning Rachael woke up before Cody. She got up and used the bathroom, then collected their dishes from the night before. After everyone had gone to bed, Cody went down to get them ice cream. Rachael took the dishes down to the kitchen and put them in the dishwasher. 

Marie walked into the kitchen and smiled at Rachael, “How come you guys stayed up in your room all night?” 

“I was upset, and Cody knew I needed time with just him.” Rachael sat at the island. 

“Oh, well, I hope you feel better now.” Marie walked to the fridge.

“I do.” Rachael said, and Sam walked in. 

Sam didn’t say anything, she knew why they stayed in her room, she just smiled at Rachael. Dan walked in then, and sat next to Rachael. 

“How are you feeling?” he reached for her belly, then stopped. 

“You can feel, he’s not moving though. I’m okay.” Rachael laughed.

Dan laid his hand on her stomach. She could see the happiness in his eyes, how excited he was. “Just a few more months.” he smiled. 

Rachael shook her head and smiled, “Yeah, I can’t wait.”

One by one, the rest of the guys woke up and walked into the kitchen to get breakfast. When Cody walked in he went straight to Rachael and put his arms around her, pulling her close. Rachael and Marie decided they were going to go to the studio with the guys, while Sam went to work. 

While Rachael was getting ready to go her phone started to ring, it was Cassie. 

“Hey, what’s up?” she asked when she picked up.

“Not much, you?” Cassie asked back.

“Getting ready to go to the recording studio with the guys.” 

“Oh, can I join?” 

“Of course, I’ll pick you up on our way there, get ready.” 

They hung up and Rachael went to tell Cody that they would be picking Cassie up. The rest of the guys, and Marie got into the van and headed off. Cody drove Rachael’s car, swinging by Cassie’s house first to get her, before heading to the studio.