Chapter Seventeen

The guys were at the recording studio with the producers checking everything out. They were all liking what they were seeing and couldn’t wait to get working on the new record. Rachael had laid with Cody at night as he wrote in his notebook, thinking of lyrics. Most came to him easily but sometimes he asked her for help. Dan and Cody had hooked up their laptops and started on melodies the day before after Cody showed them the songs he had written up. All the guys loved them. 

“I love it here. I think this is going to work out just fine.” Dan said smiling and shaking the owners, Jim and Teds, hands. 

Jim laughed, “I think so too. You guys seem like really cool dudes.”

“We try!” Zach yelled and ran outside.

They all walked outside and the guys got into the van. They waved goodbye to Jim and Ted, then Austin drove off. They talked about how excited they were the whole trip back to Rachael’s house. Cody was on his phone, checking his twitter. 

“You okay man?” Maxx poked Cody in the side.

“What? Yeah, I’m fine.” he looked up at Maxx.

Maxx looked back at him, into his eyes, “No, you’re not, but I won’t fight you about it. When you’re ready.” 

“It’s just some fans. We’re supposed to be a family right?” Cody sighed.

“Yes we are, a big loving family. What’s up?” Dan chimed in.

“A few girls are fighting with each other about how they should be with me, how they have a better chance than the other..” Cody chuckled slightly.

Maxx raised an eyebrow, “They know you’re engaged, right?”

“I guess they don’t.” Zach added, leaning over the seat. 

Dan laughed, “Well, you might want to inform them.”

Cody hit the post a tweet button and wrote, “Let’s not forget we are a family. It saddnes me when you fight. And don’t forget, I am engaged.” 

Austin pulled into Rachael’s driveway and parked in the normal spot. Everyone jumped out of the van and ran into the house, pushing one other playfully. Rachael, Sam and Marie were sitting in the kitchen at the island eating fruit. Dan and Maxx got to them first and stole their bowl. 

“HEY! We weren’t done with that!” Sam laughed as she yelled at them.

“To bad, we are hungry!” Maxx hugged the bowl closer to him.

Cody walked up behind Rachael and wrapped his arms around her. She turned slightly to give him a kiss. Laura walked in the kitchen, wondering what all the noise was. They talked about what everyone wanted for lunch and Laura got cooking. She made whatever they wanted, even if it was more than one dish. 

“So, what was that tweet about?” Rachael asked Cody as they climbed into bed. 

“Oh. Some fans were fighting about how they other would be better with me, I don’t think they knew I was engaged.” Cody chuckled.

Rachael smiled and kissed him, “I love that chuckle so much, and that crooked smile. But I don’t think they knew either.” 

Cody smiled his crooked smile again, “Oh you mean this one?” 

“Yes, it still melts my heart.” Rachael kissed him and laid her head on his shoulder, “Will you sing to me?” 

“Of course babe. What would you like?” Cody stroked his fingers across her arm, that was laid across his stomach.