Chapter Fourteen

“Are you ready?” Sam asked while they walked into the building.

Rachael looked over at her, “Yeah.”

Rachael walked up the reception desk and checked in, as Sam went and sat down. The lady at the desk gave her a clipboard with papers on it and she walked over to Sam and sat down, filling out the paperwork. When she was done she returned the clipboard to the woman at the desk, then walked back to Sam.

A few moments later a nurse called Rachael’s name. She got up slowly and walked in the back with her. The nurse took her blood presser, temp and weight. 

“Do you know you are underweight?” the nurse looked up from the scale. 

Rachael sighed, “Yes, I do..”

“Alight, well, you’re going to have to add on.” 

Rachael shook her head and went back to the uncomfortable chair against the wall. After she wrote a few more notes the nurse left. Rachael pulled out her phone and checked things while she waiting for her doctor. She loved seeing all the tweets of fans excited for both babies, but hated seeing the hateful ones. 

Her doctor knocked on the door and she threw her phone in her bag, and told her to come in. 

“Hello Rachael, I hear there’s a little one.” her doctor smiled and sat down in front of the computer.

“Yeah. I don’t know how far along I am though.” Rachael smiled back.

She sat quietly as her doctor typed on the computer. “Okay, let’s get the ultrasound going.” she stood up and laid on the table.

She walked back out to the waiting room and Sam jumped up, walking over to her. They walked to the car and got in. Rachael knew Sam was waiting for her to talk.

“They are surprised I found out so soon.” Rachael turned to look out the window.

Sam looked over at her when she stopped a red light, “Really?”

Rachael sighed, “Yeah, and how fast the sickness hit me. But.. The nurse told me I’m underweight, which I knew, and the doctor said I have to start gaining weight…” she looked down at her feet. 

Sam knew why this was making her so upset, “Rach, it’s going to be okay.. I know how you feel about your weight, and I know your scared of having to gain, but honestly I’m surprised you haven’t, with how much you’ve been eating lately.”

“I know, I agree with that. Maybe I just need to stop dancing..” 

Sam laughed, “You? Stop dancing? Yeah right. You are going to be a pain when you can’t for a while.”

“I will not.” Sam laughed a little more and pulled in the drive way.

Kat was sitting on the front porch waiting for them, “What’s so funny?”

Rachael walked past her and into the house. “She says she won’t be a pain when she can’t dance for a while.” Sam told Kat.

They walked in the house, “Oh, she will be.” Kat agreed, then said, “The owners of the castle called, they can have the wedding on your date, with the reception there also. I’ve made an appointment for Saturday morning and the dress appointments for right after.” Kat sat next to Rachael at the island and pushed her notebook towards her. 

“Sounds good,” Rachael read the page Kat had open.

When Rachael pulled into the parking lot of the studio her phone started ringing. It was her doctors office.