Side Peace

Aizha

My house was so quiet when Donovan wasn't home. It frightened me a bit. It was like my thoughts were played aloud. The silence blew through the long white shutters like a cold breeze. It fluttered about the shimmery white curtains and hid beneath the smoky grey sectional sofa. Silence was an old friend of mine. We'd lie in the Cali king bed until dawn when silence was drowned beneath the shower's rainstorm. But for most of the day silence was my only companion.

I decided to cook some dinner. I turned on some old school music and got to prepping.

I cleaned some fish. Seasoned it with honey, lemon and pepper. Baked some asparagus and roasted some potatoes. The aroma spread throughout the house.

The food looked good the way I had it laid out on the table. I hoped Donovan would be home soon to see it, but after two hours of waiting I decided to call him. He didn't pick up the first 3 times. I called one more and it went straight to voicemail. I got a text moments later.

DonnyBoo: Sry babe. Got some shit to do.

I threw the phone across the room. He knew I hated being alone in this house. I was pacing angrily when my phone dinged to signal another message. I picked up the phone.

D: U tryna chill tonight?

I responded

Me: Come over.

Duke

I had stayed the night at Aizha house until the next morning. She was all cuddled under me. I lifted my head to get up, grabbed my phone and searched the floor for my clothes.

"Where you going?" Aizha asked groggily barely even opening her eyes.

I wasn't even going to answer, shit she wasn't my girl, why was she clocking me?

"I'm ready dip." I replied simply.

"Damn it's like that?" Aizha asked.

"What you my bitch now?" I said walking across the room, regretting my words as soon as they slipped from my mouth. Aizha followed behind me, and pushed my back. It ain't hurt, and the shit didn't even make me move for real, but it irritated the fuck out of me.

I turned around ready to smack the shit  out of her ass.

"I'm not a bitch!" She yelled. "Get your shit and get out then." She threw my clothes at me.

"Chill the fuck back, I got some stuff to do we can chill later, or some."

"Get the fuck outta here, I hate you." she yelled her voice breaking and shit.

It's like this bitch bipolar or something. I ain't come over to cuddle, I came to fuck. If we done fucking I'm leaving. Trey text me, as I headed for the door.

Trey: Yo where u at

I ain't reply at first. Seemed like Trey only had bad news lately

Me: Chillin

Trey: It's some shit going down, we need to meet later

Me: Ard

Trey: Nigga don't forget

I just walked out the house. I had to meet Cris anyway.

Aizha

I picked up the phone and dialed Jade. She answered.

"Wassup" She said in her sing song Disney voice