Principles of War

Aizha

When I got up in the morning I had the uncontrollable urge to vomit. I went into the private bathroom. The tile sent waves of cold through my feet and I wished I had put on my fuzzy socks. I squatted, bending over the toilet and began to feel sacks of gas rise in my esophagus. As they came up I had to burp. But nothing came out. My head felt heavier than a case of rocks, putting pressure on my neck. The pain in my stomach sharp as it was seemed to be subsiding. Then I felt hungry. My digestive juices were swirling as if my stomach was empty aside from the acid. I got up from the toilet and the nauseous feeling from when I'd first awakened returned.

I fought the feeling getting dressed and heading off to school.

----------

I arrived at school finding everyone talking about something. A lot of  people were standing outside on the lawn. Of course there were the usual cliques, but it seemed as if everyone was huddled into one group or another. I walked over to the boy Demarco.

"Hey what's going on?" I asked faintly. I was beginning to feel weak from the walk to school. I figured I must be experiencing PMS and fatigue that accompanied it.

"You know Robyn?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, the redhead."

His eyes seemed to bug out.

"She was found dead at the St. Luca, cops ruled it a suicide." he said beginning to shake his head.

My stomach began to do backflips. The feeling of something sinking through my intestines made me lunge toward the school in a hurry.

Robyn was dead. Gone. Suicide. I thought. Something just didn't seem right about that.

I could barely catch my breath as I walked toward the bathroom. My gut began to tighten, as if a very strong hand was wrapped around my waist, squeezing tight as it could.

The pressure from my stomach was sinking through my bowels to my ass. Ugh. I groaned within my head. I truly despised shitting outside of my house. I felt gas bubbles slipping between my sweaty cheeks as I scurried through the hallway. Realizing I might not make it I took a detour to the nurse's office. I went straight to the bathroom when I reached the office. The shit seemed to erupt from my anus. Poop chunks splashed the water and my face started to sweat profusely.I was on the verge of tears when the nurse knocked on the door.

"Are you alright, honey?" her voice was so soft I could barely hear her.

"Yes. I'm fine." I lied the embarrassment must have made my face bright red.

I cleaned myself up with the sanitary wipes and paper towels which were stocked neatly in the small cabinet opposite the toilet.

Then I emerged from the bathroom slowly and thankfully only nurse Gina was in the office.

"Are you feeling better?" she asked me.

"Diarrhea." I said feeling the hotness appear on my cheeks.

"Happens to everyone. Bubbleguts," she admitted comfortingly.

We exchanged laughter.

"Anything else wrong?" She asked as she began to write me a illness excuse pass.

I sat down in the chair in front of her.

"I'm not sure. I think I'm about to get my period. I've been pretty nauseous and tired."

"No chance of pregnancy?" The nurse asked.

I smiled awkwardly.

"Maybe."