2. Transferees

Yikes, guess who didn't edit. Again.

Yugyeom and Youngjae both sat across from their parents as they awaited the screaming and yelling. However, they both had to hide their surprise when it didn't come.

"You're both changing schools. We're sending you to Quarrums, the school that specializes in the educations of supers," Mrs. Choi said in a voice that left room for no discussion. The boys looked at each other with similar expressions of confusion.

"I thought you said that I was never allowed there," Youngjae said, his voice timid but still laced with confusion.

"The times have changed Youngjae," Mrs. Kim said gently, "My husband and I were thinking about enrolling Yugyeom there anyway, but when your mother let us know that you Youngjae would not be attending, we decided it was better to keep you both in the same school rather than split you two apart."

"However, because of recent events, we've decided that Quarrums is the best place for you too," Mr. Kim finished.

"I'm sorry I blew! There was some creep at school and they beat me up twice and they were saying really hateful things and I- I just couldn't control it!" The words flooded from Youngjae's mouth faster than he could stop them, it was basically word vomit. Word vomit that hit him on such an emotional level he had a hard time keeping tear from falling.

"Yah, you didn't kill me!" Youngjae said his first words since the "family meeting" had started. The parents looked at both boys perplexed until Mr. Choi simply said, "Explain." Yugyeom sighed.

"I was within range of the blast. Actually, I was about ten feet away from Youngjae when he blew. The ground underneath me was still grass and I wasn't harmed at all. He can control it, subconsciously at least. It was amazing." Youngjae refused to looked up as Yugyeom explained what had happened.

"We're hoping that Quarrums can teach you how to control it even more."

"You know something. What are you not telling us?" Youngjae's voice was flat and he didn't move his eyes off the floor. But he didn't need to to know that there was something they were keeping from him. "Who was it? In the school, I mean. Who?"

"Youngjae-"

"There's no point in lying mom. Your energy changes. I can sense it. Just tell us who it is." His mother sighed.

"We think it's Pierre Bennet. We went to school with him, and then when the war hit and we fled because I was pregnant, his son was killed in attempts to hinder him useless. It didn't work, and after the war he went dark. Not only his son but his wife too were dead, and he remained immortal. He still believes that if your father and I hadn't fled, his son would still be alive. His wife died from natural causes, it was a disease, but his son was the only one he had left. He's seeking revenge in any way he can, which means he's- he, um-"

"Is trying to kill me. I get it, no worries." Youngjae's face lacked emotion, his voice monotone. Yugyeom bit his lip and looked at his friend with wide eyes, scared of what was being said and his friend's lack of reaction.

"Youngjae-"

"I'm fine."

"Youngjae please-"

"I just won't let him get me fist." Youngjae finally looked up, a smirk on his face, his eyes tinged blue.

~~~

Youngjae and Yugyeom walked onto the campus, bags on their back and suitcases in their hands as they took it all in. There were students lounging on the grass, some playing some sort of game, some practicing their powers, others doing actual school work. Both boys were perplexed, never having seen so many supers mulling around in one place.