Three

Before I knew it, I was in a deep sleep. I still didn't think any of this was happening. Logic was telling me that'd I'd wake up to Light by my side and that he wouldn't even know what a Death Note was. That's I'd wake up to find that it was all some convoluted nightmare.

--

Something cold met with my lips. My eyes fluttered open to see... Light. He backed away, allowing me to shoot up from my pillow, hoping to be greeted with the reality I dreamt of. Instead I am met with the harsh reality I woke up with before.

Light wore dark clothes littered with skulls and spikes. His expression is sullen. "Am I dreaming?" I asked him. He responds quietly, "No, (y/n), you're awake." He gave me another quick kiss.

"You're freezing."

Light sighs, "That's what death does to you."

"But-"

"I'm stuck between heaven and hell, just as the Death Note warned. I'm a Shinigami."

"I thought you would be punished."

"The Shinigami king granted me this. I was essentially seen as a god of death so he granted the title to me. Its the worst punishment I could ask for."

"I thought I'd never see you again, Light."

He pressed himself onto me, embracing me. I closed my eyes but a knock on the door jolted me back to reality. Light quickly steps backward. "I'll be back," he whispers before kissing my forehead. He disappeared before I could even wrap my head around it.
I hear another knock followed by a voice, "(y/n), I'm going to come in."

"Oh, um, yes."

The man from before walks in, "I've brought you some food," He says as he puts a bowl of soup on a nightstand next to the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling... Okay. I'm just trying to adjust."

"Well, after you eat please come to the living room. I'm sure you'll find it just fine. There's someone I'd like you to meet."

I nod and watch the man leave. Only then did I realize how hungry I'd been. I began eating the soup yet I can't focus on it. All my thoughts are clouded by confusion.

Was that real? Was that really him or was I hallucinating? God, this is a mess. But now who am I meeting?