1

"Hey, fucker, get up." A harsh, cold voice pulled Ray out of his sleep, casuing him to groan and slowly lift his head. His hair was sticking out at all angles as he looked up at the cuely haired boy standing over him. Ray was obviously out of it and the other rolled his eyes as he pushed his glasses onto his nose.
"It's the first day of class, idiot. You have an eight a.m. and it's seven fifty."
"Wha-DUDE!" Ray jumped out of bed and glared at him. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"
"I tried, but you tried to hit me!"
"Oh, fuck you, Michael."
"Bye, shithead." Michael cracked a smirk and left the room, leaving Ray to rush to his class in the sweatpants he'd slept in and an old shirt.
-
Math was definitely not one of Ryan's strong suits, but he didn't have a choice if he wanted to graduate on time. He'd already held it off for a year, leading him to be one of the few upperclassmen in the lecture. Just as the clock on the wall struck eight, Ryan caught a glimpse of one boy barely managing to slide through the door and grab a seat unnoticed. However, he was snapped out of his focus when another upperclassman, Geoff, nudged his side. Geoff was one of the oldest friends that Ryan had - he was a junior and was covered in tattoos with an oddly amazing mustache to top his punk rockish vibe off. Not to mention his sophomore, art major, sharp item loving girlfriend. She was a little scary. Sweet, but scary.
"So...I suck at math." Geoff said once Ryan turned to face him.
"And? I suck at math too, Geoff, you know this."
"Yeah but you suck slightly less than I do!" He argued, his voice nearly cracking. That was another trademark of Geoff Ramsey, along with his unmistakable laugh. Ryan just shook his head and let a small smile form.
"If you cheat off me, you'll still fail." He pointed out, but Geoff only shrugged.
"I won't fail as bad, though."
Ryan laughed quietly then went back to jotting down notes here and there, though he couldn't really care any less about algebra at this point. The thought of the other boy that had came in late completely fled his mind. That is, until it started to become a daily thing.