3

"Hey, Ryan, I'm gonna start tutoring one of the freshman. He called me the other night about his math course. Apparently Dr. Burns wasn't very happy with him."
"Damn, it takes a lot for Dr. Burns to not be happy. And I thought I was bad at math." Ryan chuckled and shook his head. "He coming over tonight?"
Jack nodded in response and glanced to the clock.
"Should be here in thirty minutes."
-
Ray walked up to the sophmore dorm and slowly made his way up to the third floor. He looked down at the room number on his phone then back to the walls. "Three - o- four...three - o- aha!" The corners of his lips quirked up in a smiled as he found the room and he knocked three times in succession on the door.
-
"That must be him." Jack stood up and went to the door, opening it with a warm, friendly smile. "You must be the infamous Narvaez?"
Ray nodded, looking up at the taller man.
"Yep...that'd be me."
Jack nodded and stepped aside to let him in.
"You can just drop your stuff anywhere. Oh! And this is Ryan." He added, gesturing to the blonde.
Ryan was endorsed in his homework but glanced over hus shoulder when he heard his name. He did a double take and his eyesbrows furrowed as his head fell to the side.
"Ray?"
The younger boy looked rather alarmed and stared at Ryan.
"You're the one that's always late, yeah? Dr. Burns' class."
"...yeah..." Ray's face flushed. Great. Even people he'd never met before knew who he was, and not for a cool MLG reason.
"You two know each other?" Jack piped up as he was rather confused.
Ryan shook his head and looked over at his roommate.
"Nah, he just has a reputation. Burns' bitches about him a lot."
Ray's face was scarlet now and Jack nodded in understanding.
"Well then, Ray Narvaez, Jr., meet Ryan Haywood. Ryan Haywood, meet Ray Narvaez Jr. Now that that's done, let's get on to some equations, yeah?"