Janet's Brother

Mini Series

1

The character is 17 years old.

It's the last day of school before summer vacation

It's the last day of school before summer vacation. You're so excited because soon after, you'll be flying to California to stay with the Jacksons. They're family friends to your family and every year you would fly down to visit. Well this time, it's only you that'll be visiting. By yourself.

You just arrived at home greeting your parents at the door. "Hi mom, dad!" you said with joy. "Hey, babygirl! I hope you're ready to go cause you have to catch your flight in the next couple of hours." your dad said looking at his watch. "Got it  covered, daddy! I packed the things that I'm taking last night!! I just need to get them from upstairs." you said walking towards the staircase. "Ok, honey! Hurry back so we can go!!" your mom shouted.

You made sure you had everything that you need before leaving your home. You will miss your parents dearly, but it's only for  couple of months so you're not that sad. You can't wait to see Janet again. The two of you been best friends since the diaper stage. You are two years older but it doesnt matter. "Haa... Looks like I am about ready to go!" you sighed with happiness. You grabbed your luggage closing your room door behind you.

At the airport...

Your dad pulled up to the front doors of the local airport. You climbed out of the car bringing your luggage out of it. Your mom also climbed out of the car with tears in her eyes. "Mom!! Don't cry!" you whined. "I-I ca-can't help it! My baby's leaving me." she cried. "Mom!!" you groaned holding back your own tears. "It's not like I'm not coming back." you said. "I know!" she gasped. "But this is your first time without your father and I, baby."

You hugged your mom tightly never wanting to let go. "Mom, stop! You're gonna make me cry." you huffed. Your dad giggled to himself viewing his girls share their hug goodbye. "Honey, let her go. We talked about this." he said. Your mom pulled back kissing your head. "I'll miss you, babygirl. Call me as soon as you get there." she said wiping her eyes. "I will, mommy. I love you." you hugged her one last time. "I love you too, Y/N." she replied getting back in the car.

Your dad took your plane ticket out of his pocket. "Here you go, babygirl. It's already paid for. All you have to do is show the people your ticket and then you're there." he said. You grabbed the ticket out of his hands. "Thank you, daddy." you said. Your dad kissed the top of your head. "Have fun  baby... But not too much for you to forget about us." he joked. You giggled. "I can't make promises." you said. "Very funny, Y/N. Now go before the plane leaves you and I have to hear you cry and complain." he said. You laughed hugging your father once more before heading into the airport.

5 1/2 hours later...

Your plane landed at the Santa Barbara Airport. Mr. and Mrs. Jackson, as well as Janet, are supposed to meet you once you've arrived. You got out of the plane heading inside. You were on the hunt for them. There's so many people that you could hardly spot them. But you indeed did. "JANET!!" you yelled. Janet turned her head around noticing you. She immediately ran towards you. "Y/N!!" she shouted. You both hugged each other tight. "Dunk!! I missed you so much!!" you squealed. "Ditto!! Oh my God!! I can't believe you're staying for the whole summer!! Ooo,  girl we have a lot to catch up!! You look amazing!" she babbled on. "Me? Look at you! I couldn't recognized you at first!" you laughed.