Completely crazy

Our witness protection house was Florida and we live in Ohio. So this drive was driving me nuts because I was constantly listening to Fern scream "mom are we there yet ". My mothers reply was always the same "no fern not yet". John was constantly hitting me with spit balls and screaming "haha gotcha you" then my dad would look back and say"John enough with the spit balls its rude". These events repeated so many times that I felt like a song stuck on repeat. But honestly all these things were bothering me but all I could really think about was why someone would burn down our house. I was trying to piece it together because as far as I'm concerned my mom ran a daycare center and my dad was a lawyer and a good one. Now that i think about I was ease dropping on  my dad talking to my mom about this case with murderer and he was defending the victim so maybe it was  him. It cant be him though because the criminals name was Chester and he was sent to jail. When I was ease dropping I also heard him say he was in a large group of criminals so maybe it was one of his group members. I was so deep in my thoughts that I couldn't hear my mom screaming at me. She was literally screaming "Ember, Ember what do u want to eat". I shook my head out of thought and answered her "sorry mom just a cheese burger please with a root bear". When my parents got our food we ate it and then kept going on the longest drive ever. When the kids fell asleep I asked my mom a question "do they now who has to do with it?". My mom replied with " they have there ideas but there not totally sure honey". I answered her "ok night mom love you". My mom and dad both said "I love u to babe". I closed my eyes pretending to fall asleep but I was secretly listening to there conversation. I was also wracking my brain again with the thoughts of the puzzle I have to piece together. I was wondering who did this and why, I eventually slowly forgot what I was thinking and fell asleep.