History By: Wafflecone0921

Many year passed and my Grandfather (being a huge lover of history) decided to go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to go see the battlefield where The Battle of Gettysburg took place back during the Civil War. Well he was part of a tour group and after about 10 minutes of walking they arrived at a hill that the cannon's were at during the battle. He stopped to take some pictures and during that time to group walked off, leaving him by accident. After he took his pictures he turned around and noticed his group was gone, but there was a man smoking a Cigar dressed up in a Union Soldiers outfit. Believing it to simply be someone who was a part of the reenactment, he walked over and asked the man were the group went. The man smiled and replied with a deep southern accent that they had headed to "Devil's Den". My grandfather smiled and took 10 steps down the path and turned around the say thanks. However, the man was gone. He walked back up the hill and looked around and didn't see him anywhere. Although, as he turned around the walk down the path to his group, he could smell cigar smoke the whole time.

A/N: I also love history, most of my family also served in wars such as the civil war, the war of 1812, one of my cousins actually started the 100 year war, although that's not something to be proud of. I am also a huge history lover, I find it fascinating.