Chapter 13

Luke's POV

(1 week later)

"Come on, slowpoke." she nagged me. "God, I'm coming."I said catching up with her. Chloe invited me to some concert thing in the park. It's supposed to be some old folksy music that I've never heard of but Chloe said it's really good.

Chloe sat down in the 3rd row in some random seat, patting the spot next to hers. I giggled sitting down next to her taking her hand in mine. I was gonna kiss her but the loud screeching sound of microphone feedback was pierced through the crowd, making everyone turn their attention to the stage.

"Hey, sorry about that guys. We're gonna start off with one of our favorites."The guys introduced. They started playing and they weren't that bad, Chloe seemed to be enjoying it. She wouldn't take her gaze from the stage and she kept bobbing her head to the songs.

She was so cute, ughhh. I just wanna grab her and kiss her, hard. But we're in public and she wants to take things slow and she's really enjoying this show thing. But god, she makes it so hard. With her long brown hair and gorgeous hazel-green eyes that sparkle with excitement anytime anything good happens. Like now for instance.

She looked over at me smiling, "Are you okay?" she slightly yelled over the music, "Yah, I'm fine." I smiled at her. "Ok..."she looked at me weirdly.

She put her attention back to the stage when I hear my phone ring. It's my producer calling..."Um, Chloe I have to take this." I say walking away from the  crowd.

"Hello?"I asked wondering what they wanted. "Hey, Luke so change of plans you and the other guys have to go to LA to finish writing the rest of the songs on the album with some professional writers."She said through the phone. "But, we don't need 'professionals' to finish-"

"Luke, it wasn't a question. I'm sorry to be putting this on you but the plane leaves tomorrow at 3pm so be packed by then." Before I could reply she had hung up. 

"Dammit." I mumbled under my breath. I looked over to see Chloe enjoying herself. How am I supposed to tell her that I have to leave. We just started this 'relationship' or whatever it even was and now I have to leave. I don't even know when I'm coming back.

Why does life hate me.

Chloe's POV

I looked over at Luke to see him looking frustrated about something, I saw him start to walk back when the last song was wrapping up. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked him. "Chloe. I have to tell you something." A look of confusion and sadness washed over my face. Whatever it was it wasn't good.

We started to walk back to the car. When we got in the car ride was silent, this anxiety was killing me. This must have been terrible news. I hope Luke's ok, I wonder who he was on the phone with, Questions ran threw my mind but I decided not to pry because he's gonna tell me when he wants.

We got to his apartment as Luke ran around and opened my door for me. I silently thanked him as I walked inside. I sat down on the couch and Luke sat down next to me. "Ok, Chloe. So I know we haven't really bee together for a long time but...My work called and..I have to go to LA to finish the album." He said as I slumped down in my spot. "How long are you gonna be gone?" I asked hoping for a good answer. "I don't know but at least a month." Wow, that's a while. "Umm well when do you leave?" 

"Tomorrow at 3." he whispered quietly. "I'm really gonna miss you." he said looking at me sadly. I didn't say anything I just hugged him.

We sat there in each others arms for a while. I looked at my watch to see it was eleven. "It's getting late I really think I should go." I said sadly, "No, can you stay?" he asked me his blue eyes staring into mine. "Uh, yah." I said making him smile holding his arms out for me to lay back down with him. We both quickly drifted into sleep.